If I lose 10 lbs in the next 2 weeks I go to WDW.

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
If I can lose 10 lbs in the next two weeks, I can go to Disney World. Or at least start planning for March.

The only 2 things is how am i going to lose the weight? My plan is to watch what i eat, count calories and do the wii fit morning and night for 30 minutes each.

The other thing March isn't that far away so dining will be limited probably. Argh. We're deciding to go in March because I have air fair to use before the 17th of May. and because our friends might be able to join us in March.

So my fellow Disney LOVERS... If you were in my shoes how would you lose the 10 lbs... the safe way.

I'm just afraid that if I do my part my parents won't keep their end of the bargain because most of the time my parents just "talk" about stuff.

If I can lose 10 lbs in the next two weeks, I can go to Disney World. Or at least start planning for March.

The only 2 things is how am i going to lose the weight? My plan is to watch what i eat, count calories and do the wii fit morning and night for 30 minutes each.

The other thing March isn't that far away so dining will be limited probably. Argh. We're deciding to go in March because I have air fair to use before the 17th of May. and because our friends might be able to join us in March.

So my fellow Disney LOVERS... If you were in my shoes how would you lose the 10 lbs... the safe way.

I'm just afraid that if I do my part my parents won't keep their end of the bargain because most of the time my parents just "talk" about stuff.

I don't think you can safely lose 10 pounds in two weeks. The safe amount is 1-2 pounds a week. Are your parents sure they want you to lose 10 pounds that fast?

Do I understand that correctly: if you lose 10 pounds within the next two weeks, your parents take you to WDW and if not you have to stay home??? :confused3.
Will they still go and you have to stay with a family member?

How old are you? Your parents want you to do something very unhealthy, possibly dangerous and, considering the ways to achieve such a thing, not sustainable anyway, by putting enormous pressure on you.
I don't know how it works in your country but here we have helplines kids in distress can call anonymously when they feel abused or mistreated by adults, maybe you can look into that.
It is most definitely not okay for parents to expect something like that of a child, they should rather support weight loss in a healthy manner by sustaining an appropriate lifestyle.

Im not going to comment on the circumstances but you can safely start a program and loose 5lbs the first week then expect 1-2 after that.

WW has a new Simple Start program and I find any of their programs healthy.

Ive been on their points plus since October and lost 15lbs and am trying the SS just to get back on more healthy foods and not processed.

If you message me your email I would be happy to send you their food list for the Simple Start program if you want to try it.

10 pounds in 2 weeks is doable.

Go very low to no carb. Lean meat and tons of veggies. No potatoes, cheese, bread etc.

Nothing to drink but Lots of water.

You will lose mostly water weight but you can get 10 pounds off.

Warning: be ready for the pounds to jump right back on! Crash dieting never works for lasting results.

10 pounds in 2 weeks is doable.

Well, possibly. I think if one is VERY overweight it is very doable. I have read stories of morbidly obese people cutting out soft drinks and junk food (cold turkey) and seeing a weight loss like that. Much of that weight loss is bloating/water so it's okay.

If you are 20 lbs overweight, a weight loss like that is not going to be very easy unless you do something very drastic (no-carb comes to mind) and you are a man.

I am going to be honest, that is a very odd request from your parents.

How old are for starters? How much do you weigh currently? Do you have any health issues?

10lbs in a week is really not realistic as a healthy goal. A healthy loss per week as someone already stated is 1-2lbs a week.

That being said there is more to weight loss than just counting calories and exercise.

For starters, you have to drink only water. What do you drink now?

Sugar. Sugar needs to be eliminated from your diet.

Processed foods. No processed foods at all.

Someone mentioned Paleo. That is basically no sugar, no processed foods. You eat fruits, vegetables, and meat and that is it. No dairy, no bread.

Are you a fruit and vegetable eater already or is that something that you rarely eat?

What is a normal diet of yours consist of? I would explore your food choices and see what you are eating, calories, & nutrition.

I recommend going on My Fitness Pal and inputting your normal daily food consumption and see how your current diet looks.

As far as the fitness aspect, do you have any injuries or limitations? If you do then you need to come up with a plan of exercise that is appropriate for you to start with.

I have never done the Wii Fit so I cannot comment on that.

The problem with cutting calories and then exercising is that you need calories for exercising. Muscle building takes time and 2 weeks is not enough time to do that.

What is your current BMI and how old are you? That will make a huge difference in the advice people can give.

People with higher BMIs generally lose weight faster (barring medical conditions) than people with lower BMIs, and younger people generally lose faster than older people (again, barring medical conditions).

Also, how active are you? Activity doesn't count for much in the weight loss game, but it accounts for enough to make a tipping point between "happy with the amount of food I can eat" and "miserable with the amount of food I can eat" for many folks.

10lbs isn't unreasonable if you have a lot of weight to lose, but it is quite unreasonable if you have 10lbs to lose.

Finally, when was this deal struck with your parents - last night or several weeks ago?

I think The Biggest Loser gives people the idea that they can lose large amounts fast. Those people are exercising all day and have a lot of weight to lose.

I've been told losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

I have no comments for the 10lbs in 2 weeks 'contract'.

I think The Biggest Loser gives people the idea that they can lose large amounts fast. Those people are exercising all day and have a lot of weight to lose.

I feel the same way. I won't even watch BL anymore because it's just ridiculous. Heck, if you take someone and put them on the "ranch" with trainers and state-of-the-art equipment, cook all their meals and take care of their children who WOULDN'T lose weight? I may be off base here, but I don't know anyone in real life who can spend 8 hours in a gym and get everything else done that family life demands.

I have never been extremely obese, but I am obese. My sister weighs 375 and I weigh 199. She can just not eat dessert for a week and lose 15-lbs. I can consume 1200-calories a week and lose 1 pound in a week. The difference is in our weight. She has over 200-lbs to lose and I have about 55-lbs to lose. The less you have to lose the harder it is and the longer it takes.

I lost 14 lbs in 1 week I did a Protein-rich Diet (also knowed as a Liver-Shrinking-Diet)

Pretty much what I did was 1 protein shake in the am for bfast, a salad for lunch no dressing, and for dinner a grilled chiken breast made on the Forman so that all the fat is dripped away. If I was hungry after I would have another protein shake, and as much water as I wanted and I would as crystal light for flavor

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Your parents are being cruel.

You shouldn't try to lose x amt of pounds in short period of time.

You should change your life to be as healthy as you can be physically and mentally.

I would do low carb to lose 10lbs. Depending how overweight you are you can easily lose 10lbs in2 weeks. I don't have very much weight to lose and even I lost 5lbs in week 1 and 1lb in week 2.

Hi Luvofdisney. I remember you from the encouragement boards awhile back. I still think and pray for you. It seems from this post maybe some things are still the same. If I remember you have have quite a bit of weight to lose overall. Am I right? I guess my question is if you lose the weight and then put some back on by week three where do your parents stand then?:confused3 I would hate for this to be another disappointment for you.:hug:

I feel like that goal might be a bit unrealistic. I apologize if my math gives anyone a headache:

Based on pure calorie restriction, a 3500 calorie deficit equates to about one pound of body being converted to energy. 10 pounds lost equates to a 35,000 calorie deficit.

You plan on spreading this out over two weeks, so you will need to cut out 17,500 calories from your diet per week. Per day, that is a 2,500 calorie deficit, which is larger than the 2,000 calories most people eat. It will equate to eating nothing all day and walking five miles ontop of that.

I am assuming that you are not morbidly obese when calculating this. Typically, when someone loses 20 pounds the first two weeks, it is mostly lost water weight and will be easily gained back when the higher-calorie high-salt diet returns.

The advice you only somewhat asked for? Losing 10 pounds in two weeks without the supervision of a dietician, doctor, and trainer isn't really safe.

The advice you didn't really ask for? As someone who suffered with an eating disorder for almost a decade before I "recovered" (but you never really fully recover from the thoughts), I can say that I'm angry with your parents for making you this offer. It's incredibly irresponsible of them. It's one thing to support someone's weight-loss goals, but incentivizing unhealthy weight-loss in a short period of time is wrong in my opinion.

OP - maybe I am a little confused :confused3or you could clarify. Your parents want you to lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but a little further down on the cb you have a thread you ask about the good rest. choices during your trip.

Do your parents expect you to still be on a diet and lose weight while you are in Disney because that would also take some planning and good choices. Say goodbye to Mickey bars, Mickey pretzels etc.

I was on a diet and did lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks. It was because I had to have radiation for my cancer treatment. I could have no diary, 3 ounces of proteins twice a day, lots of fruits and veg, etc. Snacks were only nuts, popcorn with no butter etc. Carbs were very limited and no processed foods.

Do you keep a food journal? Are you an emotional eater etc.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter