If I get a contract by April, how much availability for a Sept trip?

linzjane88

Closet Disneyphile
Hello!
So I am still waiting to hear back on my offer on a 200 point SSR contract with 72 banked 2015 points. Assuming it gets accepted and moves along at the normal pace, is it reasonable to think there will be studio availability somewhere in early September? It doesn't matter where- I would prefer minimum points per night though. Having not ever seen the DVC availibility tool I don't have a good feel for what's doable 4-5 months in advance. We like going in the first two weeks os September for the low crowd levels and typically stay for 8 nights or so.
It seems like timelines for resales are 2-3 months before points are available for use.
Also, if I have a December use year what is my deadline for using the 2015 banked points? Still trying to wrap my mind around these dates.

You'll definitely get a room SOMEWHERE. May not be your first choice, but you'll definitely get a room. :)

My recommendation is when you have the points, get a room booked so you know you're go, then use the waitlist to try to get the room where you really want to stay. Worse case, you have a good fallback. Best case, your waitlist comes through and you end up with the trip of your dreams! :D

I would agree with SuperRob, I would think you could find something for early September. Studio and 2-bedroom tend to fill more quickly than 1-BR, but I think you could get studio for most (if not all) of your trip.

Your banked 2014 points (in the 2015 use year) will need to be used before Nov. 30, 2016.

I suspect your odds are pretty good, even, for SSR in particular. I know not everyone who buys SSR resale intends to regularly stay at SSR, but there is well and truly nothing WRONG with staying at SSR. And they have a large inventory, which is some of how they have availability more often than other resorts.

Awesome! Thank you all for the super fast responses. Also, want to make sure I got this straight....This contract has
71 (Dec 2015) 210 (Dec 2016) 210 (Dec 2017)
If I want to book a trip for September 2016 will I be able to borrow from the December 2016 points or am I limited to the 71 points from December 2015?

You mentioned 2015 banked points. I am a little confused about that, but if they are just your regular 2015 points you can use them in September and then borrow your 2016 points.

ETA - I just got my points in December after the long resale wait, and I was able to book a long weekend in a 1 bedroom in May at BWV. I had lots of options, although studios were a little harder to find. I think a September trip is quite doable, as long as you are flexible. I couldn't get my home resort, BCV, but was happy to get BWV.

Awesome! Thank you all for the super fast responses. Also, want to make sure I got this straight....This contract has
71 (Dec 2015) 210 (Dec 2016) 210 (Dec 2017)
If I want to book a trip for September 2016 will I be able to borrow from the December 2016 points or am I limited to the 71 points from December 2015?

Yes, you can use the 71 points from 2015, plus BORROW up to 210 points from the 2016 Use Year. And if you need them, buy up to 24 one time use points at $15 each. So you have potentially 304 points to use. But you MUST use your 2015 points, or you'll need to bank them by ... August, I think? So if you can book your September dates, you're good, but if you can't find anything you want, you need to remember to bank those 71 points.

Hello!
So I am still waiting to hear back on my offer on a 200 point SSR contract with 72 banked 2015 points. Assuming it gets accepted and moves along at the normal pace, is it reasonable to think there will be studio availability somewhere in early September? It doesn't matter where- I would prefer minimum points per night though. Having not ever seen the DVC availibility tool I don't have a good feel for what's doable 4-5 months in advance. We like going in the first two weeks os September for the low crowd levels and typically stay for 8 nights or so.
It seems like timelines for resales are 2-3 months before points are available for use.
Also, if I have a December use year what is my deadline for using the 2015 banked points? Still trying to wrap my mind around these dates.

I put in my offer in last April (SSR December), closed in early July, and managed to book an early September trip at the end of July once I finally had my membership information. Since you are hoping to close by April you should be fine. SSR, OKW, and AKV at least should have plenty of availability. If I remember correctly, I could even have grabbed a day or two at BLT if I had wanted.

The banking deadline is end of July, not August. To be clear, if the points really are banked then they can't be used until 12/1/2016 and you can only borrow the 2016 points. I doubt they are banked though, that would be silly since the sale should close well before July.

I have the same question, but instead of September, we hope to book in mid-october. Does that change the analysis you think?

I have the same question, but instead of September, we hope to book in mid-october. Does that change the analysis you think?
Did you check the link I posted above? It's a complete analysis with details that should answer your question.

I suspect your odds are pretty good, even, for SSR in particular. I know not everyone who buys SSR resale intends to regularly stay at SSR, but there is well and truly nothing WRONG with staying at SSR. And they have a large inventory, which is some of how they have availability more often than other resorts.

We finally closed on resale and got our number issued about 4 weeks before we wanted to go to Disney. I had everything - flights, ADR, fastpasses all booked - just no room!! We were able to secure a 2 bedroom villa at SSR. Was not my first choice, but we had a fantastic time and the room was nice. I was even luck enough to get a room in the Springs section, which is a short walk to many of the amenities. SSR or OKW will most likely have rooms open even on super short notice!

Good Luck :)

we got our membership number last August and managed to book 2 weeks at SSR in a one bed, we had to wait list several nights and one night a Saturday we couldn't get anywhere, we eventually got a one bed a OKW. We fortunately when we checked in they were able to change this night to SSR as well. We were unable to cobble anything together for October/November or December at this late date there was only an odd day available here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter