If I am paying for "pool heat" What temp should I expect?

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
Inspired by another thread on here, I keep thinking that many of the quotes I am offered indicate an extra amount for pool heat. Anything from $15-$30/day but none of them indicate what the actual temperature of the pool will be with heat.

Is that a crazy question to ask an owner?

is there a "typical" temperature?

I like a really warm pool so if I am paying for heat, I want to make sure it is as warm as I prefer!

We paid for the heated part at Windsor Hills last March. We found out that they keep it just above cold. Wouldn't waste the money again on this. We did read somewhere in the binder I think, that if you mess with the temp. settings at all it was going to be bad for us. Can't remember what penalty was for that. Liked our place. but water was too cool for us to use. Hope that helps.

I think 85 degrees is standard, which is NOT warm enough for me! We stayed at Paradise Palms in January this year. We didn't pay to heat our splash pool but spent quite a bit of time hopping between the hot tubs and the resort pool (free!!) and the hot tubs were superbly hot :) . So hot that I actually went in the regular pool to cool off. :rotfl:
No complaints and not sorry I passed on the extra pool heat fee.

85 I believe is the temp suggested by the American Red Cross for health & safety reasons but it is a little low for most people .It does depend on several factors as to how wrm the pool will get -if the ambient temp is 55 or thereabouts the heater may not kick in at all .If you ask the owner they should tell you what their pool heater is set at.
If you pay for pool heat and you don't think you get it buy a thermometer @about 10$ to check it and then complain .Ours is set @ 88 we get no complaints.

Check on the hours that they heat it. Some places turn off heat in the evening.

Most pool heaters will run for 6-8 hours in the winter if there is a pool cover use it as it will help prevent heat loss overnight .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter