If have 8:05 ADR for Donald's Breakfast can I drive to AK and park?

veddermax

Earning My Ears
Thouht I read somewhere that AK's parking lot doesn't open up that early? We have an 8:05 ADR for Donarld's Breakfast and will be driving our car as staying offsite. Will we have problem parking and making our ADR?

Really? I thought I had read in at least one spot (UG perhaps?) that sometimes the parking lots at AK don't open until 15 minutes before park opening time. We have a car but were planning on taking a bus from CSR for that reason. I would so much prefer to take our car....

This past summer we had an 8:00-8:05 reservation for Tusker house. We drove, and we were able to park.

1) No problem.
2) You can get into lot about 7:00am.

we were there last month and ate there on november 9 for 8:05

we arrived at the parking lot at 7:15 but could not get in....the attendants did not arrive until 7:30.....

buses do not have that problem and we saw several arriving as we walked to the park entrance

we had no trouble making the reservation but it was an early entry day to the park also...

Do you remember about what time you arrived at the parking lot?

I'm not sure when we arrived, but no one had been let in yet. A few cars were waiting with us, and we had to wait a few minutes for the CMs to let us in. So we were among the first to AK for the day :thumbsup2.

(We like to get to our ADRs early, and didn't know that we'd have to wait to be let in--I can imagine that we got there around 7:35).

I always book an 8:05am ADR at Donald's bfast on our AK park day. We are early risers and like to get to the gates early as well. For the last 2 trips, June09 and Oct08, we've arrived at the parking entrance around 7:30am, only to have it closed up. We waited in our cars with a few others in line for about 5-10 minutes until the parking ticket attendants arrived. Not a problem, just wish they were consistent with their opening times.

Didn't mean to highjack the OP's thread but it sounds like we can take our cars, we may just have to wait a little to get in. I'd much rather take our car and perhaps wait at the gate for a few minutes than have to be at a bus stop at 7:00. Hey MJAJmom, I saw in your sig that you're planning for Apr. 2010, perhaps we'll be there at the same time. I heard the weather is going to be perfect (my very long range forecast).

Thanks for posting this question and for all the respones, I was wondering the same thing about the parking lot : )

We're arriving on the 12th and have 8:05 ADR's at Hollywood and Vine and also at Akershus. Should we drive to those ADR's or take the bus? Are those parking lots open that early?

We had an 8:15 reservation for Tusker house last Thursday. We arrived at AK by car at 7:15 and had to wait until 7:30 to be let in the parking lot. It was perfect though. We got done with breakfast just in time and walked straight to the safari before the crowds got there. I was the first one to the FastPass machine:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter