If Disney were to replace DS' Backlot with Star Wars Land, would it upset you?

DisneyFanSince71

Mouseketeer
Just curious to see how many loyal Back Lot Tour guests there are..... Whenever Disney announces changes there is always a minority who bemoan the fact whenever anything changes at Disney....

While I would like to keep the Back Lot Tour, I would gladly give it up for Star Wars Land :dance3:

Thoughts?

P.S. Ironically, there is no keyword/phrase for 'back lot tour'. perhaps an indication of its lack of popularity.

The Backlot tour has been gone since they demolished the majority of it to put in the Stunt Show.

Really, since they shut down the live studios. It isn't really a backlot anymore, so I am all in favor of a galaxy far, far away :)

The Backlot tour has been gone since they demolished the majority of it to put in the Stunt Show.

Really, since they shut down the live studios. It isn't really a backlot anymore, so I am all in favor of a galaxy far, far away :)

Yeah, this.

Absolutely, and I don't even like the stunt show.

If BLT was the same prior to its refurb, I'd be a bit upset but no, I wouldn't be. I think a Star Wars Land would equate to something awesome and that's coming from someone not particularly fond of the films.

I do hope though that if this comes to fruition, all of the memorabilia located in the BLT confines finds a new home or exhibit on Disney property. A lot of it is great to look at.

The only problem I have with it is that as the rumors get newer and mire likely to be correct I keep hearing them talk of a Star Wars mini land,in my opinion Star Wars deserves a full land with a new major E Ticket,shops,restaurants,etc..I want nothing mini about it.Without a doubt DHS is the park that needs a major California Adventure style park wide refurb with new lands and attractions,it just has too many worn out,old attractions.The only attractions that are immune from possibly getting removed should be ToT,RnRc,TSMM and American Idol and Muppetvision cause I like them,pretty much everything else can get replaced.I'm hearing the Osborne lights could possibly get removed and moved to Epcot for construction in 2014 which is sad as I love them in the Streets of America but the truth is DHS needs a major overhaul,I just want them to do something worthwhile,a full Star Wars and Carsland,an indoor Monsters Inc mouse coaster and not a mini anything.

Star Wars yes, but I would like Carsland to be a California thing only.

i think they should use Backlot Tour and LMA! to create a Starwars & Indy Jones land...LucasLand! They could have a behind the scenes type attraction at both lands in addition to some amazing headliners. instead of Carsland with RsR, they could have a Landspeeder Racer attraction....Would love to see an incarnation of the Indy Jones ride at DL or they could combine the mine cart going in at FL wiht the Mummy at Universal to make a really cool Indy coaster.

Haven't been to BLT in over 19 trips would love anything new in that area. Even though I not a big SW fan, I would be a fun idea.

The Backlot Tour is no longer a backlot tour.

And if they replaced it with Star Wars Land I would JUMP FOR JOY!!!!!

:banana:

I would love to walk into the Cantina and get a drink!

I never did get a chance to do the Backlot tour. Was it any good?

I would be all for a Star Wars land, I'm sure it would be amazing. And I think DHS needs something new and exciting. Whenever I go, I feel like it's missing something.

The backlot tour was fine a few years back but IMO looks tired now. Certainly there never seems to be uch of a queue for it.

If it does actually go ahead then I too hope that Disney doesn't try and do it 'on the cheap' as a mini-land. It needs at the very least one quality E-Ticket ride and anything less will undoubtedly disappoint SW fans (and trust me I know SW fans!)

Star Wars yes, but I would like Carsland to be a California thing only.

I agree, Carsland is great and all, but really RsR is very much like test track, they don't need to repeat everything on each coast, having different things to draw you either way is a good thing. If they could pull off star wars land as well as they did carsland it would be amazing to see. I also agree that it shouldn't be a "mini" land they really need to give HS a revamp it's tired and needs a few more good attractions in it, might also help spread the crowds out inside the park some.

If they were to do ANYTHING with Backlot, replace it, update it etc.. it would be great. Now it's just a sad reminder of failed plans.

Now saying that I don't want "CLONE LAND" AKA as "well here's what we did in California so let's just drop it in Florida" Surely they can have more then one new idea????

Ditto. We haven't done the backlot tour since 2008. And I wouldn't be sad if they got rid of LMA either.

I would also like for them to come up with something unique to Florida. I don't want the parks to be the same.

My 2 favorite things from when MGM opened was the Art of Animation (when there was an actual working studio in there). And the original BLT. Going down residential street and seeing the Golden Girls house would just make my day. But, now there's no animation studio anymore. Still a cute little show and walking tour.
And my beloved BLT, ruined by a stunt show. And recorded commentary. It's had it's time. I'm ready to say goodbye in favor of Star Wars.

But, for the love of Mickey bars, please leave Muppetvision 3D alone! Find another way to make it all fit. Keep the muppets safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter