If Disney does't get rid of that darn Tommorrowland Speedway...

Kids love this ride. I see no reason to remove a ride that kids love.

Once again the exhaust fumes smell awful and are probably a health hazzard. I want to puck from the smell on that ride more than anyother at Disney.

Denise in MI

Does anyone have an idea how many cars are racing at any given time? Supposedly they have 146 cars in the "fleet," but obviously not all are operational or running at the same time.

I'm doing research on this, and could use some help...

Once again the exhaust fumes smell awful and are probably a health hazzard. I want to puck from the smell on that ride more than anyother at Disney.
They aren't a health hazard and I doubt you'll puke.

You may not like the smell (I don't either, who does?) but you not liking the smell doesn't mean that they should get rid of a ride gazillions of kids love...especially when it isn't directed exclusively toward girls or pre-schoolers.

I'm not a fan of the smell, but I really enjoy that ride! I have some great memories of being a kid and driving the cars with my dad sitting next to me.

As a dad I agree it's kind of dated and tame but my kids loved it. 5 year old loved all the bouncing and jerking as she tried to steer and the 8 year olds were able to go alone on a ride and feel like they were in charge a little. Was worth the 30 minute wait even in the heat.

Denise in MI

I'd rather stand in the Speedway line and smell the fumes than be in a cramped monorail mid-summer when it smells like feet.

My five year old son loves this ride. He keeps his official speedway licence in his nightstand. I agree that it takes up to much space and the fumes are awful. He would be crushed if it was gone.

There are worse things such as that Stitch mess. The lines are long and many of the kids get a thrill out of it. We just pass it by.

I think the speedway was so stressful for me as far as be terrified the entire time I know that is weird coming from a 26 yr old keep 2 things in mind I can't judge distance and I had know idea on what the car was doing it was like it had a mind of its own

It can be improved. It is boring for about 90% of people. That said, the basic concept is sound. You just have to figure out how to do it right.

I'm just guessing, since I don't have actual numbers, but I would think that if 90% of the people thought it was boring that it wouldn't constantly have a long line regardless of the time of day.

The only thing that I'd like to see improved on would be to have the car run on solar power (with battery or gas back-up of course) or even have them run on a bio-fuel. Keep the sound of them but getting them a little more "eco-friendly" would be neat.

Guess I'm still just a big kid at heart because I don't see this ride as having an "age limit" and it is the simplicity and the bouncing off the center-rail that makes it so fun for me.

Some of our best video is of our kids driving those silly cars. I have one of my DS driving one when he was maybe about 5. Its so funny because it looks like he's really driving and he's soooo happy. Same thing with my other son. We usually watch those tapes and laugh out loud. There's a reason they're still popular.

For the life of me I can't understand why this "ride" is still active. Don't get me wrong, it was probably very cool in its heyday. But now...talk about DATED!

I've been hearing rumors of Cars coming to one of the parks. I think this would the perfect place for an attraction like that. Or just simply update the cars that or on the track. Make them more modern and a little bit faster.

When I took my DS he was 2 and a half. This was his favorite ride hands down. I'm not the biggest fan, but little boys think it's the greatest. I agree with you, I wish they would re theme it to CARS but I hope it never goes away completely.

I think they should have a Carsland expansion to the Studios (obviously) and include a Cars themed version of this in it. Demolish the one in MK. Everyone's happy

Not sure if this has been pointed out:

I think you could attribute the popularity of the ride to it (and TSM) being the only rides you have some control over. Maybe also the teacups. I can't think of any others...the rest you sit back and the ride happens to you.

Here a kid can stop, go and (to some degree) steer. I drive a few hours each day but still get a kick out of it.

this ride has on youngsters. I'm talking about the 4-8 year olds.

My gosh, to be able to drive a REAL car just like mom and dad! Kids dream about this day. My kids jump behind the wheel of my cars (when I'm not looking) when they are parked all the time!

Come on. Don't you remember the feeling you had as a kid taking the wheel of this attraction? This is what WDW is all about. Imagination...Dreaming...for the kids. Not us adults.

Sure 10 year olds might be jaded in this day, but let's let the young kids keep their innoncence and fantasies. :wizard:

Listen...I don't know why people are taking this waaaaayyyyy out of context. I never said KIDS DON'T LIKE THIS RIDE so get rid of it. I simply proposed an idea for upgrading the attraction. Disney does this ALL THE TIME. Space Mountain...upgrade. Haunted Mansion...upgrade. Spaceship Earth...BIG upgrade.

Why are some of you so against change? :confused: Do you feel this way anytime Disney decides to make a change to an attraction, hotel, or service they provide? If so, I feel sorry for you because it happens pretty often.

I keep reading this... "oh my 5yr old loved it! Best ride in the park." Okay great! And I bet your 5yr old loved the old Fantasyland too. Well I hate to break it to ya but guess what? Fantasyland is receiving a HUGE UPGRADE. OH...and JIMMYV...just watch how "technically advanced the NEW fantasyland will be compared to the previous. Set your DVR for that one. :lmao:

Anyway, just because YOU liked the ride growing up doesn't mean your kid(s) shouldn't be able to enjoy what THEIR generation is capable of pulling off technology-wise. I would love to see my kids experience this ride differently than I did as a child. Its called advancement. Disney was practically founded on the notion of moving forward and expanding ideas.

:lmao:WOW...Its comical reading some of these reply's. How did you feel when they upgraded POTC? That's was one of the first WDW classics, if I'm not mistaken. Something the whole family could enjoy correct? Bet your kids liked that ride too. However, I'm willing to bet more than half the youngsters that ride the NEW POTC love the fact they NOW see Captain Jack. They relate to the new version of the ride more than the previous. That's all that's being stated with this post. Cars is a prefect example. I guarantee you that if Tomorrowland Speedway became a themed CARS ride...wait times would go through the roof. (Think Toy Story on steroids)

So I ask you...whats the big deal about making changes to Tomorrowland Speedway? Seems like Disney pulled it off many of times before with other attractions.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter