• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If Disney built a new moderate resort what would you want the theme to be ?

How about an Asian theme, wonderful Chinese or Japanese architecture. It would be really different. Pool slide made to look like bamboo with Giant Panda Statues. It would give fabulous restaurant options too. Could all be tied in with Mulan.

Oh, I like this idea! I think it could be really neat!

Not really a theme but I would like to see the Haunted Mansion Rooms they showed come into a resort. I"m hoping after the "Royal Rooms " are done they start building the haunted mansions rooms!!!!

Build it near DHS and call it "Disney's Hollywood Hills Resort" - it would be themed to glamorous 1920s-1930s Hollywood, the buildings would look like the old-time movie-star mansions, the main building/food court/etc would be very Art Deco and have a movie-studio theme. I'm serious, I think this would be a brilliant idea.

I think this is a wonderful idea!

Build it near DHS and call it "Disney's Hollywood Hills Resort" - it would be themed to glamorous 1920s-1930s Hollywood, the buildings would look like the old-time movie-star mansions, the main building/food court/etc would be very Art Deco and have a movie-studio theme. I'm serious, I think this would be a brilliant idea.

Agreed. Also, if it was broken into sections, one section could be themed to look like the 'apartments' tucked in near the 50PTC.
There's a space across from CSR that looks unbuilt, but there doesn't look to be enough space to shoehorn a whole resort any closer to DHS.
I'd tone back on the movie emphasis (ASMo has that), and focus on the glamour and architecture.

I think an Old world Italian theme is my favourite idea. You just have to look at Tokyo's Hotel MitaCosta to see how spectacular Disney can do this style (obviously not as extravagant though).

An Asian Zen inspired resort or Norwegian Stave church or Swiss Chalet would be interesting.

I would like to see a hotel designed like / replicating a castle in england, ireland or germany with all the oldtime decorations.(circa 1600)

I would LOVE this, either mod or deluxe. I think they really could capitalize on all the beautiful Art Deco architecture they brought into DHS.

My thought is A Wonders of The World Theme, related to the WS in Epcot. Italian, France, China, Japan, English Countryside etc

A haunted mansion theme!

I would like to see a hotel designed like / replicating a castle in england, ireland or germany with all the oldtime decorations.(circa 1600)

These are all great ideas!

I think that we've discussed a dog-themed resort before that would be pet friendly. May be too specific,though.

TROPICAL. Yes, I know they already have Carribbean Beach, etc., but coming from the north the ONLY things I really want at my Disney resort are a plethora of gorgeous palm trees, hibiscus, and modern tropical style. I have zero interest in a cutesy/kitschy theme of any kind unless it makes me feel like I'm in Florida (or somewhere similarly warm and tropical)! South Beach, or even the Greek isles might work.

As for characters, I don't need anything more than hidden Mickeys. No need for a character theme beyond that for me. Something more modern yet classy would be nice!

Agrabah
Street%2006.jpg

China
mulan52.jpg
0.jpg

Scotland (Brave)
BBC7.jpg

Cape Cod! You've got the deep south covered with Port Orleans, Pacific Northwest in Wilderness Lodge, Southwest in CSR.. a little New England homage with some cottage like buildings, Cape Cod shingles, lighthouses and Clam Chowder would be a nice all-American type theme. It would bare similarities to Old Key West, and maybe even Saratoga Springs, but I think Cape Cod and that whole region has enough distinct features to differentiate.

Also liking the Asian and ski lodge idea, although I could see the ski lodge theme crossing with BB. Agree with the PP who said France and Italy have already been done in Vegas. Wouldn't be anything very different that could be done there.

Six person family suite, that's my theme
Value lacks lots of what people like and deluxe is out of manys price range

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter