• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If DCL can change our room, what's the point of choosing one?

that's a bummer! I hope they don't ordinarily do this. I specifically asked for a certain room and did not want to put "do not upgrade" on our reservation just on the rare chance we could be pixie dusted, but our TA assured me repeatedly that DCL would ask us first before changing our room to any other one, same cat or not.. :(

Not necessarily. We've been moved before, and they called the day before the cruise, to tell us to change the room number on our luggage tag.
Granted, it was an upgrade, but we didn't really want it. When I asked if we could stay in our original room, they said it was too late, they'd already placed someone else in it.
So in other words, they didn't call to ASK us, they called to TELL us. The deed was already done.

Oooh. We had 5626 last year. It had a horrible loud noise about every 5 minutes. It was a mechanical type noise that went all day long.

The plus side of that room for us was that the sewer pipe broke on the 1st night of our 7 night cruise. :eek: We had 2 rooms booked across the hall from each other and the only other room they had to put us in was one of the HA suites! Disney cleaned our close and moved rooms for both cabins. It was nice!

Well that's the room that we gave up so hopefully the room that we're going to be in, 5630, won't have any problems. I wouldn't have minded to be upgraded to the HA suite either but for a 2-night I really wouldn't want that (because then I could have brought the other 2 with us). I know I'll have a great cruise no matter where we're at. Did I mention I'm going with my 71 year old mother and 70 year old aunt.

Hi!:wave2: Thanks for posting! I hopped over to the meets board for the PC cruise to look for your post about your experience but do you know how long that thread is????? They've got 4 new threads started with hundreds of posts on each! I gave up looking after a while. I was just interested in hearing how this happened to you too.

All in all, I won't complain as there's nothing that could be done anyways. It's only 2 nights so no biggie. I love the evil twin idea! I might have to do that myself, just to see....:eek:

:dance3: We at the PC are a chatty group!! We've been together since September 2009...now we're a family! The #4 thread is our latest:yay:

It truly was a fluke that I discovered the stateroom was changed:scared1: (1) all my cruise documents were completed, printed and in the GO folder, (2) I don't check the Caller ID at the house for missed callers (and DCL wasn't the name listed on the 18th -- just Disney with 407 area code) and our phone rolls to fax machine when no one answers, and (3) all our FE gifts labels would have had the wrong info:mad:. I know the DCL documents state that your stateroom is not guaranteed as reserved (just that they will have a stateroom for you)...just wished they had tried more than once to reach us and thankful I did check the website:thumbsup2 and found the change.

Good luck!

Oooh. We had 5626 last year. It had a horrible loud noise about every 5 minutes. It was a mechanical type noise that went all day long.

The plus side of that room for us was that the sewer pipe broke on the 1st night of our 7 night cruise. :eek: We had 2 rooms booked across the hall from each other and the only other room they had to put us in was one of the HA suites! Disney cleaned our close and moved rooms for both cabins. It was nice!

We're booked in 5624. :( Hope we don't hear that loud noise all night.

Hopefully you can get your room back!

I've seen others recommend that if you ever book a room that you don't want to be moved out of, that you should have DCL or your TA put a notation on your reservation that you are not to be moved without being consulted first (in case they offer you a major upgrade, while still giving you the right to turn down a room change.)

Actually, if you read all the fine print, they reserve the right to move you to a different room, even to a different ship, even a non-Disney ship. They also reserve the right to change ports, or go to no ports. So they are very up front about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter