If cost for car rental were similar, which company would you book?

bande

Mouseketeer
I am looking at Alamo, Enterprise, Dollar, Thrifty and SixT. Do you have a favourite or most reliable out of this bunch? We never rent cars in the US and have only ever used Enterprise and Budget in Canada. Thanks for your opinions.

What is the purpose of your rental? For a vacation to WDW or something else?

For Disney World, I would use National or Alamo because they have a pick-up/drop-off location at the Dolphin, which is close to where I usually stay. I rarely go off property, so I only need a small car to get around WDW. I've used Alamo at the Dolphin twice and both experiences were easy and smooth. No problems picking up the car or dropping it off.

We always use Dollar and have never had a problem. We rent from them 4-5 times a year. I've never heard of SixT.

I rent online from Dollar and keep checking the rates every few weeks, or when I get a sale e-mail. I then go in and modify my reservation to the cheaper rate. We usually rent for one day since we have a car in FL. I just changed my upcoming reservation tonight and saved $7.

We always use Dollar and have never had a problem. We rent from them 4-5 times a year. I've never heard of SixT.

I rent online from Dollar and keep checking the rates every few weeks, or when I get a sale e-mail. I then go in and modify my reservation to the cheaper rate. We usually rent for one day since we have a car in FL. I just changed my upcoming reservation tonight and saved $7.

Dollar

Glad to know people like Dollar. We rented from them in Phili and they were very professional.

I just rented a car at MCO for Apr 23-28 with expedia.ca for $124.00. That's right, $124 for a compact. Since I was concerned about being American and renting through a Canadian website, I called Dollar and they have my reservation and said there shouldn't be any other charges since this is prepaid.

OP, I see you are Canadian----check out your expedia.ca site for the deals, they can't be beat!

Alamo.

Dollar and Thrifty are horrid in my opinion, there is a reason most business travelers avoid them like the plague. Typically (although there are definately exceptions), their vehicles are of lower quality (base models with few options), higher mileage and of the rental agencies are some of the more aggressive with pushing add-ons (insurance, etc.). Enterprise would be next on the list, but for airport locations, much better than their local offices (and they share fleets often in large locations with National/Alamo - they are all part of the same company).

Sixt is new to the states, so their reputation here has not been earned really yet, their vehicles are mostly going to be newer (just by default of building their fleet), but how they maintain and replace their cars is going to the be big tell. That said, they are huge in Europe (think Hertz of Europe).

Alamo - it's fun to walk out to the lot and pick out which car you want (although the kids tend to disagree on which color we should pick)! Also, Alamo had the best prices and the ability to check in at a computer terminal vs. wait in line at the counter.

Alamo. Well, National because I'm an Emerald Club member, but the rates generally aren't comparable and the fleet is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter