If booked GTY can you refuse an accessible room?

baleeve

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I
If one books a 11 GTY - can you not accept an assigned handicap/accessible room?

I am traveling with small kiddos and would like the tub.

Thanks.

If one books a 11 GTY - can you not accept an assigned handicap/accessible room?

I am traveling with small kiddos and would like the tub.

Thanks.

The best you can do is call and see that they note it on your reservation...but since its GTY, you kind of aren't given the choice.

No, a GTY is agreeing to take any room they give you. Others have posted that they were not able to get moved from a HA room when they booked GTY also.

This happened to us, had a 9 GTY & was assigned a HA room without the split bath. Originally was told no other Cat 9 available. A supervising CM in Reservations promised to monitor the inventory, and the very next day called me with an outside 9C on deck 2 - seems it was a downgrade, and they cut my price by nearly $400 for 2Adults - win/win, in this case.

Be polite but firm about asking for a supervisor to discuss your wishes, and maybe you'll get accomodated.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm hoping that when they see I have 2 younger boys they will take that into consideration.

The question is, when do you call and get firm? I assume after cabin assignment obviously? Because prior you wouldn't know you were assigned a HA room. Another reason to keep an eye on your GTY ressies. The room # will eventually appear next to category. Please note the cat and room # may not matchup, ie; upgrades. Still check room # to assure not a HA if a tub is what you need. I will add, all HA cabins are usually twice as big including the verandas. These cabins just lack a tub, and perhaps all the furniture in the non HA's.

Good hunting to all. :)

This scenario happened to us. We booked 8B GTY and were assigned room 5018 on Fantasy which has an HA layout. We called right away and were firm that it would not work for our 1 yr old. We were firmly told that we could either downgrade or upgrade to another available room but they had availability in our category to move us. At the time, that wasn't something we wanted to do based on rooms available. They were sympathetic but not to the point of actually addressing our concern. I imagine that we could have called back every few days to check on openings in our category, but we ended up just rolling with it until we got to the port where we were able to buy an upgrade.

jaybo22, Glad it worked out for you. What month did you sail the Fantasy, if you don't mind answering?

And did you book directly with DCL or use a TA?

TIA

We just booked for the 2014 WBTA, and although the DCL site didn't say GTYs were on offer, that seems to be what we have.

No Stateroom number (just GTY on there) and still paid the full price that was going on the DCL reservation site.

Is this usual?

We just booked for the 2014 WBTA, and although the DCL site didn't say GTYs were on offer, that seems to be what we have.

No Stateroom number (just GTY on there) and still paid the full price that was going on the DCL reservation site.

Is this usual?

No, it is not unusual. GTY rates are not discounted at all. They only mean that a cabin in that cat was not available at the time of booking, yet they are willing to sell you that cat even though they have none. :scared1:

ETA; Or they are willing to oversell a category to fill ship knowing very well all those folks won't fit in those 30 10c cabins. They will upgrade most of them. Pax happy. DCL happy. It's a win win. And nobody gets upset along the way unlike the *GT rates.

But that may or not result in an upgrade.

Ok, that was a poor explanation. Try this link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914256

What category are they selling GTY for a TA? Just curious.

ETA; I checked, and the only cat coming up GTY is 10c for WBTA, 9/6/2014, Magic. $1225 p/p.
This is their tactic to sell cabins. They have 40 of these cabins, yet they will sell 400 . They upgrade folks. Cruise business. Great purchase though. :thumbsup2 Enjoy :goodvibes

Is this usual?

Yep. GTY is not a discounted rate; those are the VGT/OGT/IGT rates. All GTY means that is they have sold a certain number of rooms in that category and can guarantee you a room in that category or perhaps a higher category. You agree to take any room assigned in that category or higher rather than choosing a stateroom number. Example, you book a Cat 5A and its in GTY. You will get a 5A or possibly a cat 4.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter