• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If any of you found a little lost two year old at Animal Kingdom yesterday

lucyanna girl

<font color=blue>My hair looks like Tigger spit ou
Thank You from the bottom of my heart for turning her in to a CM!

Our extended family is at Disney and my son, daughter in law and their three little ones choose Animal Kingdom yesterday. They are good parents but we all know how quick two - almost three year olds can be and our Teddy slipped away when her mom turned to put something in the garbage can. You can imagine how panicked they were!

Lucky another family noticed our little Teddy skipping along with her blond ringlets bobbing in time to the music and realized she was alone. They sent their children to speak to her first as not to frighten her and when they were certain she was alone they look her to a CM. By the time my son and daughter In law searched the immediate area and found a CM they already had Teddy and were able to reassure her parents that she was found and fine!

So Thank You many times over!!!!

Penny

If you gotta lose track of your kids (god forbid) WDW is probably the best place. The CMs are probably the world's top experts on handling the situation--can you imagine the number of times each day they must have to deal with this? You're also dealing with thousands of empathetic parents who "know the terror" and would step-up to help out.

We were on a guided tour of the Capitol Building when one of our group slipped away. Now THAT is a safe place to lose a kid. We were all in a panic but the guide shrugged and said she can't really go anywhere and camera's are everywhere.
That is for sure with all the security in the Capital.

I still remember the amazing bellman who got down at my then 4 year old's eye level and he explained what he should do if he got separated from us when he heard it was our first trip. He explained to him how to find a cast member without scaring him, but he never forgot what he learned.

Disney World does not have lost children, only lost parents. LOL

Seriously though, we get a lot of training regularly on how to deal with lost parents situations.

Remember drilling into my daughters heads over and over (till they were sick of hearing about it) if they ever couldn't find me to find a CM, go into a store and just tell them they have a lost dad. Thank goodness it never happen but one time it almost happen. They went into a bathroom, told them where I would be but they went back out the bathroom the wrong way. Thank goodness they knew something was wrong when nothing looked right and went back into the bathroom and found the right exit then found me.

I'm so glad it didn't last long! Several years ago I went into the baby care center in AK and witnessed the reunion of lost mother and child. Long story short, the family at AK decided to split and each group thought the other had the child. The family didn't know she wasn't there until they met up BACK AT THE RESORT! The child looked about 4 or 5 and was watching movies in the child care center with several cast members when the mom got there. I have no idea how long she was there, but the child seemed fine. She hugged her mom and showed her the new stuffed animals she had gotten. The mom, on the other hand, was an absolute mess!!

Happy to hear that all ended well. I do not have little ones anymore but if anyone would like my big boys (13 and 20) they are more than welcome to have them! We keep trying to loose them but they know how to get home!!!!!!!!
:rotfl: I agree, we actually try and ditch ours, but they always seem to find us around meal time or when they are out of money!!

When our DS was 5 or 6, during the light parade, I looked down to check on him. He was holding the hand of the lady next to us unknowingly. She was great about it and he didn't let go the whole time. I wish I could thank her. I can thank all of you other Disney angels who step in when needed.

I'm so glad it didn't last long! Several years ago I went into the baby care center in AK and witnessed the reunion of lost mother and child. Long story short, the family at AK decided to split and each group thought the other had the child. The family didn't know she wasn't there until they met up BACK AT THE RESORT! The child looked about 4 or 5 and was watching movies in the child care center with several cast members when the mom got there. I have no idea how long she was there, but the child seemed fine. She hugged her mom and showed her the new stuffed animals she had gotten. The mom, on the other hand, was an absolute mess!!

wow, that is like home alone, at disney. i would have been pretty upset myself for that gaffe.

i agree that there is probably not a safer place to go missing as a child than disney. before i went, i was chatting to a young man at quizno's about our upcoming holiday (it was in the mall where the passport office was). while making my sub, he warned me if we were taking kids as there was a kidnapping scam at disney. people were working as a twosome, taking a kid and then the other "partner in crime" would stand nearby when parent figured out child was missing and step in and say "i will watch your child... hurry go get help" and kidnap THAT child. now they have BOTH your kids.

i paused and told him i would be super-careful and thanked him for the head's up. i did mention it sounds pretty scary, i am surprised i didn't hear anything in the news about that. you would think that would be newsworthy. he told me disney is a big, powerful company. they have paid to keep it covered up. so there, you all have been warned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter