IEP Help, Advice Needed!!!!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by irishsharon, Mar 21, 2012.

  1. taylor3297

    taylor3297 DIS Veteran

    Mar 31, 2009
    Advocates are free in most states. I have never heard of paying for an advocate.
  2. Avatar

    Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

    to hide this advert.
  3. bookwormde

    bookwormde <font color=darkorchid>Heading out now, another ad

    Mar 16, 2008
  4. carrie6466

    carrie6466 DIS Veteran

    May 17, 2007
    Does that include review of all the previous paperwork? I know the one we used charges $500 to go to a CSE meeting. The agency has people that review the paperwork and you pay by the hour for that. They do it just prior to your meeting. They also will either go to court with you or help you get a lawyer, if you need one. It didn't actually come to that when we used them, though.

    I have yet to find one agency on Long Island that does not charge fees. The school district apparently has some that they 'recommend' that are supposedly free. I'll pass on that.
  5. irishsharon

    irishsharon DIS Veteran

    Jul 6, 2010
    Thanks everyone for your support and advice.The non-profit advocate center is who gave me the name of the advocate who charges $775.If I need an advocate to read all the reports and come to the CSE meeting with me this is what I will be charged.I did call another advocacy center and they said as a PP said to send a certified letter to the chairperson of my childs CSE meeting and have them explain to me in writing what they are willing to do and not do.I just feel like we have tried it their way for the past 3 years, why not try it my way.:confused3

Share This Page