• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ID's for flying for kids? Birth certificates?

It depends on the ages of your kids. Kids under a certain age do not need to show any id. I believe kids over 16 need to show an id, but I can't remember for sure. I would either call the airline you are flying or check their web site to see what the requirements are.

When I was booking our flights with Jetblue I was told I would need a copy of ds birth certificate because he's under 2 and flying free. Our other ds is is only 4 so we don't need anything for him. Check the website of the airline you're flying with. I'm sure they give the information there.

When I was booking our flights with Jetblue I was told I would need a copy of ds birth certificate because he's under 2 and flying free. Our other ds is is only 4 so we don't need anything for him. Check the website of the airline you're flying with. I'm sure they give the information there.:bounce:

For years I've been carrying certified birth certificates for our two children. They are now 9 & 10. I keep them in the "Our Journey" pocket of our PassPorter guide. I have not been asked for them to date though.

If your kids have passports, the airlines will accept a copy of the photo page as ID.
They may not ask, but IMO, it's best to be prepared if possible.

My DD has been flying at least 3X a year since she was 6 years old (to visit grandparents). Got to the point that it was worth going to the DMV and getting her a state issued ID. I think it scares the airlines reps that she actually has a photo ID (she's 11 now).

When flying USAir with our grandchildren, we were told no ID's were needed for children under 18. No one ever asked to see any.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter