• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Identification for west. carib.?

disneyliz

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if your drivers license is all I will need for the west. carib. We are US citizens. Our trip is less than 30 days and someone told us we need passports. Is this correct or are we ok with our licenses. And do I need something for my 7yr old?

you need your license AND your birth certificate or Passport in place of the license & birth certificate for ALL Disney cruises... I believe your son will only need his birth certificate. Hope this helps.

Thank you, but my husband doesn't have a picture on his drivers license. Does that matter, or do you need to have a photo ID?

He can use any form of picture ID and his BC......Andy

Originally posted by disneyliz
Thank you, but my husband doesn't have a picture on his drivers license. Does that matter, or do you need to have a photo ID?

You need photo I.D. The following is from the Disney Cruise Line website:

"What documentation do I need to bring?

All U.S. and Canadian citizens must travel with proof of citizenship, which is a valid passport, or certified birth certificate (with official raised seal) and picture identification, or a certified naturalization certificate with a picture identification. Acceptable forms of picture identification are state or provincial driver's license, or federal, state, province, or local government photo I.D. card. Guests age 17 and under who are U.S. or Canadian citizens are only required to have proof of citizenship, excluding picture identification. These guidelines are based on U.S. government regulations which are subject to change at any time. It is the Guest's responsibility to check with their Travel Agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper documentation. Any Guest traveling without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel and no refund of cruise fare will be issued.
New security guidelines require all adult Guests to show a picture I.D. to embark and disembark the ship in all ports, excluding Castaway Cay. Please be advised that anyone under the age of 18 wishing to go ashore unaccompanied will be required to have a consenting parent, guardian or other responsible adult with them at the gangway, to provide their signature as authorization."

Originally posted by disneyliz

Just curious DisneyLiz,,,, what state do you live in?? I just assumed that your license (or your husband's in this case) had your (his) picture on it.... See, I learned something new today, not everyone has their picture on their license.....how does someone know it's you when they're checking your ID? (ie, cashing a check--- I believe some people still do that)??

In NJ you can update your drivers license through the mail and when you do that there is no picture ID. My husband doesn't write checks out when he is out. so it nevered occured to him. and since our motor vehicles place is a disaster it was easier. I was surprised that they still did that after 9/11.
But since he will need one for the trip he will have to go to motor vehicles anyway.

thanks for your input.

thanks Disneyliz~
like I mentioned, I learn something new everyday... and like you, I'm surprised too that since 9/11 a state would issue a license without a picture... I very rarely write checks too, thanks ATM card!!, but I usually am asked for a picture ID.

I don't know how MA renews their license's online, my doesn't expire for another year, but they may use the picture they have on file... which doesn't look anything like me anymore...the hair is a lot blonder and shorter now..LOL
Have a great night!

We took both our DD and DS bofore our last cruise to where we got out license and had a no driver photo ID made for them. It looks just like a driver license but it's nice to have it for them for other reasons too.l

Just so it is clear--you need a government issued photo id as official identification along with the BC (or a passport as your total ID). You will not always need to show your official ID (that's why some people talk about going ashore with an alternative photo ID) but for check in I believe you will need the government issued photo id, consistent with the language already posted from DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter