Ideas to surprise daughter & BFF w/ Harry Potter Trip

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
We have APs to Universal and my daughter and I are squeezing in one more trip to before the tickets expire. What she does not know is that we are also taking her BFF. The girls are almost 13. We are leaving to drive part of the way in a few weeks on a Thursday and will have 2 1/2 park days. Any suggestions on how to surprise them? They are HUGE harry Potter fans. The other girls mother and I were thinking of making a large owl of poster board and tying him to their porch and attaching 2 Hogwarts letters to him [one letter for each girl] . We are definitely going to wait until right before we leave or we are afraid they will get in trouble at school for squealing! LOL! Anyone have other ideas? I have also thought of using Power Point to make a "moving" invitation...kind of like the news papers in the movies / books....they are huge bookworms so maybe I could hide some tickets in a book and make simple scavenger hunt...all thought Id like to keep it somewhat simple...any ideas appreciated...

so far your ideas sound great to me!

no matter how you decide to surprise them, they will be delighted.

have a great vacation at the darkside!

just giving you a bump so your thread stays on top and more posters will come help you out.

One suggestion.......wear earplugs when you do tell them ::yes:: That'll be a wonderful surprise for them..........

I like the idea of a letter for each of them........:)

We surprised our nephews by putting an owl in a box with Hogwarts letter for each of them. The owl looked like Hedwig. I can't remember the exact wording of the letters but I put something in there that we regret that the letters did not arrive in time for their 11th birthday as we were being closely watched by Muggles so we had to be careful.

All very fun ideas! Make sure you come back and let us know how it went!

We ordered very authentic Hogwarts acceptance letters from a company in the UK (Google searchable), along with homemade coupons good for one wand, one butter beer, one item from the Magical Menagerie and one item of clothing.

My kids LOVE scavenger hunts...I have a 19yo, 17yo and 10yo, they all love them. I would do a scavenger hunt ending with a letter! :)

I think I have figured out what we are going to do. I am going to make an owl out of poster board and he will be holding several letters....kind of like all the letters Harry got when he was initially invited to Hogwarts. I saw a cute tip that suggested we leave a trail of feathers leading up to the owl...The letters will be numbered so the girls can open them in order. The first will be the Hogwarts acceptance letter and the others will be train tickets, coupons for butter beer, vouchers for Three Broomsticks, Leaky cauldron, etc...Im going to try to video it. This will be my daughters 3rd trip and her friends first trip. Her friends parents are sending her with us as her 13th birthday gift...Should be a blast....I cant wait to tell them. We are waiting until just before we leave!!!! One week to go...

I just surprised my daughter for her 11th birthday. We are going the first weekend in March. I found a great picture of Hedwig flying. Found a template for an acceptance to Hogwarts letter, changed it a bit by saying she was accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Universal Studios, Orlando, FL campus. I even tea stained the letter and put a wax seal on it. Dangled it from the Hedwig cut out and hung it up. She was thrilled! I thought she was going to cry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter