Ideas please...how to idetify DISers throughout the cruise

lkohawaii

DIS Veteran
We have a small group of DIS'ers going on our June 11 cruise. Well, at least few have posted. Most of us are first timers. I wanted to somehow identify us throughout the cruise. You know so if we bump into someobody we've meet at the met and are not sure if that's them we'd see the green mickey head and know it was them. I'm thinking some kind of small green mickey head would be good. Not sure what would work and hold up for the week. Any ideas from you long time cruisers. I'm sure someone has a cute idea. I got the name tags from a fellow DISer and plan to use those.

Iko....I am going to stick one of those green Mickey heads on my lanyard.

Our family made buttons with a button maker...with the green micky head and our signin name...we put ours on our lanyards and wore them all week long...other disers made other kinds of labels and pins....some wore them through out the week while others did not. Also some of the hubby's refused to wear such a thing. ;) go figure.

I have heard of others making some sort of green ribbons for everyone...or if everyone is willing the dis store has green lanyards, tee shirts and buttons...I think.

Oh...I also saw a cute photo with a group of disers that were cruising together...with some fun fuzzy/fluffy poof ball head gear not to long ago. :teeth:

Thanks scrapper Jill...I think I could make littel mickey heads out of lime green pom poms. What do you think Ppiglet...think the guys would wear them? Actually I'm thinking of making one for everyone at our DIS meet. I could Where are you getting a green mickey head sticker?

On our 10 day cruise we had a huge group of DIS'ers who had become friends on the cruise meets thread. My DH made buttons for everyone and another DISer took orders for t-shirts. We cause quite a stir the first day when everyone wore their shirts to the port! Many people wore their buttons all week and it was great to run into friends all over the ship and even in the ports!

I know I will wear the Dis item, but don't know if the boys would wear it. I think I have them talked into putting the green head on the id holder though. I'll either stick it on with glue, or scan it and print on sticky back paper.

Our family is going the Green Mickey route. Got the samples from Home Depot and last night cut them out. Next I got the old "P Touch" and printed out our names and stuck them on the green heads. Finally got self laminating luggage tags and PRESTO ! DISers ID cards for the family !

:cool1: :banana: THREE DAYS AND A WAKEUP YAHOO!! :banana: :cool1:

I've never met a DIS'er on a cruise through the green mickey heads (even though I always have one prominently displayed, and even make DH wear one). However, on my last cruise, I was recognized from the pictures I had posted from my previous cruise! That's why I put a picture in my sig. The only other DIS'er I met while cruising was chosen to play WWTBAM, and mentioned the DIS while she was introducing herself. I introduced myself after the show.

We have a thread going for the Thanksgiving four-night Wonder, so maybe we'll find some way to identify each other. I started a thread for the 11/27 for night Wonder too, but so far, I'm the only person on that thread (and I started it in February). So, either NOBODY else is going on that cruise, or no DIS'ers are going on it. I prefer the first option--then maybe I can get an upgrade to Cat. 1, and have dinner at Palo every night!

Beth

The best way is to MEET everyone at the sailaway party. Then you know their face. We met on the deck overlooking the sailaway party.(Side towards the dock) We were right next to a portable bar, and had a great view of the party below, and we could wave bye as we sailed away from the dock.
So set up a meet early. We also would have nightly meets at Diversions after dinner.

Didn't I read someplace that thers is a place where all the DIS BOARD folks try to meet during the sail away party ? :grouphug: OF course I can't remember it.

Here's a pin someone on my last cruise made so DIS people could find each other. She used the Home Depot paint chips and heavy duty laminate with a craft pin glued to the back.
f466a7c9.jpg

We also set up a meeting during the Sail Away party in front of the basketball court. Later in the cruise we had a wine and cheese party at the "not so secret" aft deck.

Ok, I know you experienced folks will think I'm crazy, but I'm a newbie and trying to catch on to all the lingo..."DH", etc (what does that mean anyways?). I haven't ever really participated in discussion boards, but this one has been a lot of fun and very informative. So, will someone please explain the green mickey head to me.

Sorry for my ignorance!

I'm a newbie and trying to catch on to all the lingo..."DH", etc (what does that mean anyways?).
Dang Husband;) ...er... I mean Darling (or Dis) Husband.

Here's a starter list

DIS Board Abbreviations

DW-Darling Wife :earsgirl: (DIS Wife, Dear Wife)
DH-Dang, Darn, Dumb Husband :earsboy:
DD-Daughter
DS-Son

DD(10) means a daughter that is 10 years old, DS6 means a son that is 6 yo (years old)

AP = Animators Palate (can also mean Annual Pass - at the parks)
PC = Parrot Cay - can also mean Port Canaveral - need to check the context
L = Lumiere's
T = Tritons

REAS = Romantic Excape At Sea Package :love: (spa, Palo, 1 romantic breakfast in bed ...). Extra charge

CC mostly means Castaway Cay but can mean Credit Card
KTTW - Key To The World card = room key and all of the spending money you need while onboard the ship or on CC

OP - Original Poster (or Post on a thread)
CM - Cast Member (a Disney employee)

WDT - Walt Disney Theater (I think that I'm the only one that uses this one)
*** - Mickey Vacation Time :hourglass (yea, you don't see this from any but me and Inkkognito)

cat = room category
DCL - Disney Cruise Line

Lifts are elevators
Queues are what we here in the states call lines (as in standing in line)

LOL = Laugh Out Loud
ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing :rotfl:
TIA = Thanks In Advance
HTH = Hope This Helps
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
BTW = By The Way

We've found on our past couple of cruises that the best way to meet is have a DIS meet at 3pm on sailing day. By that time just about everyone is on board, had lunch, gone to their room etc. It is quiet and you have about 1/2 hour or so to talk and meet before the safety drill,. We like meeting on deck 10 mid-ship on the side by the port (not to be confused with the port side). That way after the drill everyone comes back to the same place and parties at sailaway. We've tried to do DIS meets at sailaway and find it is very loud and you can't really meet people well. Plus if you do it earlier it gives those who want to be down on the dance floor time for that.

My family was lucky enough to be a part of the Disney 10-day Holiday cruise with Mary, her DH and about 80 DIS friends.

My DSs (13) and DH all wore their DIS buttons all week proudly on their lanyards. It was nice to be able to have a connection with so many shipmates.

I also agree with Mary that 3pm before the sail away party is a great time for your meet.

We too were on the 10 day with that great group of DISers. What a fun and wonderful group of people! :grouphug: Definately agree that the 3 pm meet on Deck 10 gets everone off to a good start. DH and I also wore our buttons all 10 days. Mary is right about the hub-bub that first day with all the T-shirts and pins. We were very proud because everyone on board seemed to want to be us. ;)

Ok, so I was wondering around AC Moore today and when I came across these great sheets of bright green craft foam I thought, "that's cool, what could I do with that?"

So, sorry Lance, I got the idea of the ever present bracelet. Just strips of foam with a rivit holding it together.

51321DISband.jpg

jordgubben ~ Your bracelet is a great idea! Are you able to take it off and put it back on?

Sure. The foam gives enough to allow you to slip it off and on. I probably should have looked into getting snaps or something but didn’t think of that until I got home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter