Ideas on how to bring back the magic

My oldest was 6 when she leaned over to my mom while at the MK and whispered "grandma, don't tell anyone, but I think there is a real person inside of Mickey Mouse", LOL! She swore my mom to secrecy because she didn't want to ruin it for ME, LOL!

There isn't much you can do if they don't believe and honestly, it doesn't matter. There are so many magical things at Disney that you just need to find it in a different way. As my kids have grown, what they enjoy at Disney has changed, but each trip is still special and magical in its own way.

Pin trading, finding hidden mickeys, trivia about the parks, etc, are fun for all ages. You can also show her that it is still fun to "play along" with the characters even if you know they aren't real. Collect autographs, collect pressed pennies, point out the small details that make Disney what it is.

It sounds like you love WDW, right? And I'm assuming you don't believe that the princesses are "real". :rotfl:

You definitely don't have to believe the characters are real to enjoy WDW!

Hayliesmom said:
I'm not sure if this helps but my daughter is 7 and she knows that people go to work at Disney but she believes that once you go and work there that you BECOME that princess. She actually plans on becoming Snow White at Disney World when she grows up. To me its like she has mixed together being logical about it along with the magic.

My dd6 is the exact same way.

If she still believes is Santa and the tooth fairy and such then may I suggest doing tinkerbell gifts. I started this when my daughter was little, I also have done it with my nieces. My son is only 3, so maybe on the next trip. I would tell the girls if they were really good all day then tinkerbell would visit our hotel room at night and leave them gifts. This would range from stickers and lip gloss to tshirts and beach towels. The girls loved it and my daughter who is now 16 still asks if tinkerbell will be visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter