Ideas for Tampa Area?

tdk316

Mouseketeer
My in-laws rented a house in the Tampa area (Brandon) and I'm looking for ideas for places to eat, quick things to do with the kids (4&6 - both boys), etc. We're planning on going to the aquarium one day and MK at WDW another (we're a lot closer than we are at home!) but other than that, we don't have any plans. We are not planning on going to Busch Gardens at all (doing WDW instead).

We do try to stay away from chain restaurants because we can get almost anything at home so if you have any good local recommendations we'd appreciate them! We're also planning on letting our kids enjoy some time with their grandparents one night and going out just DH and I.

We'll be there mid-February, after Valentine's Day.

Thanks!!

My in-laws rented a house in the Tampa area (Brandon) and I'm looking for ideas for places to eat, quick things to do with the kids (4&6 - both boys), etc. We're planning on going to the aquarium one day and MK at WDW another (we're a lot closer than we are at home!) but other than that, we don't have any plans. We are not planning on going to Busch Gardens at all (doing WDW instead).

We do try to stay away from chain restaurants because we can get almost anything at home so if you have any good local recommendations we'd appreciate them! We're also planning on letting our kids enjoy some time with their grandparents one night and going out just DH and I.

We'll be there mid-February, after Valentine's Day.

Thanks!!

MOSI is great, will keep your kids engaged for several hours. The Lowry Park Zoo is very nice, may be reciprocal if you have a zoo pass. The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City is great.

MOSI is great, will keep your kids engaged for several hours. The Lowry Park Zoo is very nice, may be reciprocal if you have a zoo pass. The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City is great.

I agree with all of the above.

There are some great restaurants in Ybor. It definitely has a party vibe at night,(if you have kids with you) especially on the weekends, but it's nice during the day. A lot of really delicious Cuban food!

I second MOSI as well. I spent many days there in my childhood for field trips or just fun!

The Aquarium at the Port of Tampa is pretty nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter