• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for storing room key

LSUBabe

Earning My Ears
I am wondering about where to store our room keys for FOTL access. I am trying not to carry a bag. I don't want to stick them in a pocket in case they fall out. My husbands wallet seems like it would be inconvenient to keep pulling out. In the past, at Disney, we have all worn a lanyard. I put the cards in mine, and emergency contact info in the kids. I just found some lanyards with a space for sunglasses, a zip pocket that the room key could go in, and a space for ID. Is this okay on rides? If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. My lanyards are horribly touristy/dorky!!!:3dglasses

I keep our AP, hotel key, and some $$ our lanyards.

We have used a SpiBelt which is great because you can keep it wrapped around you and under your clothes, so it isn't obvious + it holds a credit card and some cash.

Well, aren't you a tourist? :laughing: I dont realy care what I look like at a park the only people that I care about caring are usually with me and just ask "dorky"!

Anyways, I keep mine in a small lanyard with a plastic part just big enough for cards. I keep room key on one side, ticket with barcode out on the other, and cash/debit/credit cards in the middle.

I get the front desk to hole punch our room keys and put them on a very small lanyard type string for each person to wear. No pouches, no thick cords, on the laynard, just the key on a string basically. When it is hot, this is the only way my kids will wear it all day long. I've tried to hold everyones keys and it really is a pain pulling them all out. The string lanyard method makes it so easy. I carry a fanny pack of sorts (actually a purse that converts to waist pack when needed) with all of our cc and other stuff.

Well, aren't you a tourist? :laughing: I dont realy care what I look like at a park the only people that I care about caring are usually with me and just ask "dorky"!

Anyways, I keep mine in a small lanyard with a plastic part just big enough for cards. I keep room key on one side, ticket with barcode out on the other, and cash/debit/credit cards in the middle.

Thats what we do.:thumbsup2

We use lanyards. I now have a Tinkerbell lanyard pouch hanging at the end of my Ravenclaw Hogwarts school tie lanyard. :)

I am a tourist! :lmao:

Last year I had my room key card simply in my pocket. I don't usually carry a wallet with me from RPR to the park, just a few spare dollar notes to buy some drinks when refreshment stands open (i.e. Butterbeers).

I think this year I will be using a lanyard, at least that way I can keep it as a souvenir.

We use badge holders with retractable cords. They clip on our belt loops or the waistbands of shorts. When you need to present card for Express Entry, just pull the cord, get it scanned then it's right back to your waist. I hate things around my neck, especially in the summer heat. I've attached a link from Amazon, however, I found some that came with a clear plastic sleeve (don't have to take it out), or you can get the front desk to punch a hole in it. Not dorky at all :cool1:

http://www.amazon.com/GBC-BadgeMate...QA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1305846609&sr=8-11

We do the same thing! The lanyard is just big enough to hold the cards and it zips on the top so nothing can easily fall out. Keep the room key on the front and the ticket to the parks on the back facing out so you do not have to remove it when scanning the ticket at the gate unless the bar code reader is acting up. We always just use the room key to charge though so nothing stays in the middle. They also do not have to scan the room key most of the time, so you never have to remove it either...although there has been times where they have to scan the room key which drives me nuts, but they are just doing their jobs, so you can't complain :)

Also, before I ride any of the major rides, I place the lanyard under my shirt. I feel like this keeps it even more secure since it is being held down by the shirt. Then you just pull it back out when the ride is over. I really suggest getting one that zips close so everything stays put and you do not run the risk of something slipping out.

Orlando loves tourists;)the natives expect us to dress dorky lol

that said @ disney i carry a small cross body hip bag but when staying onsite @ U have discovered another great perc (being so close to the hotel) is that i can stuff most of my things in DHs cargo pockets:rolleyes1and get away with carrying a lanyard which i loop thru a belt loop & stick in my pocket.

I have a bag that I bought from Crocs. The strap goes across my chest, and at the bottom it has a small zipper pouch. It is PERFECT for holding the passes. My bag isn't large, but I keep extra $$$ and snacks, and our park tickets inside my bag. I love it!!!

I use a Vera Bradley zip ID case on a lanyard. The zip ID case is even the perfect size to also hold my small digital camera, along with room, AP, cc, and a few dollars.

http://www.verabradley.com/product/...ultColor/Deco+Daisy/p/154781.uts?fromSearch=1
http://www.verabradley.com/product/Lanyard/154945/defaultColor/Baroque/p/154945.uts?fromSearch=1

i luv vera but won't use the id holders in the parks/attached to lanyard the ring broke right off on mine:confused3didn't feel it catch on anything.

I am wondering about where to store our room keys for FOTL access. I am trying not to carry a bag. I don't want to stick them in a pocket in case they fall out. My husbands wallet seems like it would be inconvenient to keep pulling out. In the past, at Disney, we have all worn a lanyard. I put the cards in mine, and emergency contact info in the kids. I just found some lanyards with a space for sunglasses, a zip pocket that the room key could go in, and a space for ID. Is this okay on rides? If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. My lanyards are horribly touristy/dorky!!!:3dglasses

If you are in Baton Rouge, there is a waterproof lanyard and bag that you can get at Academy sports. I got one last year for a trip to Schlitterbahn and wore it to Universal last December also, and it worked wonderfully. It held my cell phone all day at schlitterbahn...in pools, lazy river, and on every slide I went on (tucked into bathing suit top on the slides of course...no loose strings allowed on rides), my tickets (and the other 6 I was carrying for the kids I was chaperoning!) and cash and a credit card. Everything came out bone dry! And a bonus: I could use my phone through the holder! Both speaking and hearing were very clear and my touchscreen worked very well also.

I'd tell you the brand name but we are doing some remodeling and it's packed away under some things at the moment. If you decided to look for one, it was near the fron wall of the store on seigen lane. It has a blue (I think) rubbery back and a clear rubbery plastic front with a cord attached that can be secured by a little sliding do-dad so it doesn't fall off.

(The staff didn't have a clue what i was asking them for, so you might be on your own to look for it. I *think* I remember it being near the dryboxes, so asking for those might get you some help. :) )

have fun!

If you are in Baton Rouge, there is a waterproof lanyard and bag that you can get at Academy sports. I got one last year for a trip to Schlitterbahn and wore it to Universal last December also, and it worked wonderfully. It held my cell phone all day at schlitterbahn...in pools, lazy river, and on every slide I went on (tucked into bathing suit top on the slides of course...no loose strings allowed on rides), my tickets (and the other 6 I was carrying for the kids I was chaperoning!) and cash and a credit card. Everything came out bone dry! And a bonus: I could use my phone through the holder! Both speaking and hearing were very clear and my touchscreen worked very well also.

I'd tell you the brand name but we are doing some remodeling and it's packed away under some things at the moment. If you decided to look for one, it was near the fron wall of the store on seigen lane. It has a blue (I think) rubbery back and a clear rubbery plastic front with a cord attached that can be secured by a little sliding do-dad so it doesn't fall off.

(The staff didn't have a clue what i was asking them for, so you might be on your own to look for it. I *think* I remember it being near the dryboxes, so asking for those might get you some help. :) )

have fun!

ETA: Found it on their site. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_12807_-1?N=85496750

Again, this little pouch is AWESOME! :goodvibes

I am wondering about where to store our room keys for FOTL access. I am trying not to carry a bag. I don't want to stick them in a pocket in case they fall out. My husbands wallet seems like it would be inconvenient to keep pulling out. In the past, at Disney, we have all worn a lanyard. I put the cards in mine, and emergency contact info in the kids. I just found some lanyards with a space for sunglasses, a zip pocket that the room key could go in, and a space for ID. Is this okay on rides? If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. My lanyards are horribly touristy/dorky!!!

The lanyards worked great! Even my husband, who had refused his on the basis of dorkiness, ended up using his after the first day of pulling the room key out of his pocket for every ride! I did have to tuck it into my shirt for some rides (Dr. Doom), but in my opinion, it was a must. We put all of out charges on the room key and didn't even had to keep cash on us. Very convenient, even more of a necessity at UO than Disney if you are using express lines!

i always use my blue Universal Orlando velcro mini wallet/lanyard for my stuff.
i bought it about 8 years back.
i think they do still have them for sale or a version of them.

it has a vinyl case on the outside to put my room key and AP card.
it opens up like a wallet and there are 2 pockets inside, a zipper pocker also.

when folded together, it is less than 1/2 inch wide.
and water proof.

very convienent for paper money, change, id, hotel key, ap card.

the neck lace is sturdy and has never come apart.

when i do dueling dragons (i will never change to the new name), i just tuck the wallet under my top so it is secure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter