Idea's for presents to give to US teenagers needed

AussieDisneyNut

Mouseketeer
Hi we are headed to California soon :dance3: and will be visiting friends in San Francisco. We want to take gifts for their grandchildren (girl aged 15, 2 boys aged 13 & 14) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for "Aussie" gifts that would be suitable for teenagers. I was thinking of taking an Aussie Rules football for one of the boys (not sure how it will travel though!) but that is as far as my thoughts have taken me. Thanks for any advice. :hippie:

Maybe a basket with tim tams, vegemite, voilet crumble, macadamia nuts, a plush koala or kangaroo.

An AFL/NRL/Cricket tshirt / jersey (can be a knock off, they won't know)

Belt buckle or hat from RM Williams, (probably expensive and not likely to be used.)

Thats it for me.

Don't take them food. Most American teenagers are picky, and you will probably just be wasting your money if you take them food (especially the Vegamite...sorry).
They are a bit too old for the stuffed animals, and kids don't really wear belt buckles over here.
The t-shirts, hats, and sports stuff are good ideas for the boys. For the girl, I would suggest a lotion, soap, or perfume that is made in Australia.

Have fun.

Tim Tams are usually always a hit, no matter what age group...and if they don't like it, then the parents will enjoy them.

Are the teens musical? If so, then aboriginal designed clap sticks or the ones that make "water noises" might be considered 'cool'. Even some of the small didgeridoos might be acceptable as room ornaments; just depends.
Don't know if CDs from our Australian pop stars would work or not.

I also find that sweets are also 'adequate' gifts for teens....and quickly become 'the bomb' when they start eating them. Especially sweets that they don't get over in the US.

An AFL football is a good idea, especially for the boys. You can buy ones that aren't inflated and then pump it up once you arrive if you want to save space in your luggage. When we came back from our trip from the US, we bought lots of lollies back with us for friends as gifts. There aren't many Australian lollies but the All Natural brand of lollies might go down okay. There are plenty of cheap 'touristy' type shops in Melbourne's cbd that sell boomerangs and small Australian themed gifts, maybe even an opal or shell necklace for the girl? I'm sure whatever you buy they'll appreciate though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter