Ideas for our first night at WL...

DisneyTiger

Life is what happens between trips to Disney World
We will be arriving on 3/16 to WL at around 7:00pm. What are some fun things that we could do either at the resort or elsewhere? We want to save going to the parks for our first full day so looking for some fun and unique ideas for the first night. Thanks!

Have dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, check out the hotel a little and then catch the water parade on the beach. :lovestruc We loved walking around the resort grounds there and checking out the geyser as well. If you have extra time you could also swim or have a few drinks poolside... there's so much to do there! Another random idea is to take the boat over to MK and ride the monorail around for a while... if you do it at 9:00 you get lucky enough to catch wishes and illuminations on the loop.

I agree with the previous poster. Besides, it looks like your kids are small, so if you arrive by 7:00 and get to your room around 8:00, you may only have time for the little ones to go nuts in the hotel room (mine always did at that age! The was just something so fun about exploring it!), take a quick walk and hit the hay for your busy first day. WL has really pretty lit walkways where you can see the geiser, boat launch and beach. The water parade doesn't get there until after 10:00, I believe.

Have fun! WL is my favorite resort!

I was going to suggest taking the boat over to FW for Hoop De Doo. But I see that your kids are very young. It may be a bit of a late night for them. It may just be better to get something to eat and settle in for the night. You can get an early start the next day. Whispering Canyon is fun.

After I posted this I thought that it may be too late to do anything, though the monorail ride may be fun. Also, I didn't know you could see the EWP from WL?? Honestly, I didn't really know there was a beach at WL:rolleyes1 We've never stayed there before. We were planning on going to the Poly one night to see it but it would be great if we could do it from "home". Thanks so much for the tips! We are excited about WL. I've heard so many wonderful things about it.

Anybody know much about the hiking trails and campfire singalong at Ft. Wilderness? Those are a few other things that we'd like to do on this trip. Thanks:thumbsup2

The campfire sing a long and movie at Fort Wilderness would be a fun thing to do your first night! they have Chip and Dale there I believe!

We spent a little while walking around WL getting to know where everything was when we first arrived, and just soaking it all in. We went to RF to get our mugs and then checked out the pool, where the boat dock was, and where to go for the busses. Not necessarily glamorous, but you will know exactly where to go when everyone is up early to start their fun :woohoo:

You could also take the boat to MK and time is so that you see wishes from the boat. Then just turn around and come back. Kids love the boat ride and my little gd loves watching the fireworks from the boat. The pool stays open late so playing in the pool is great fun a first night. Definitely find the beach. Explore the lodge and grounds. There is a lot to see and you will want to know where everything is. Don't try to be too ambitious. Getting there will be tiring for little ones who will suddenly be out of their confort zone anyway. They will have fun exploring the room and arranging their toys.

We love WL! We always get a reservation at the 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian for dinner on our first night so we can see Cinderella. Just take the boat over to the MK and hop on the monorail or ride the boat across to GF. That is one thing our kids have always enjoyed and it really gets us into the Disney spirit. Then back to the WL for a swim and everyone is ready for bed. Have fun on your trip!

These are great ideas!!! I am excited about WL. I CAN'T wait!!! 15 more days:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter