ideas for nightly gifts from tinkerbell

spedtchr

Earning My Ears
This may not be a good idea. Let me know what you think. I was planning on taking gifts for my DD, 6yo, to lay on her bed each night from tinkerbell. She still believes in the tooth fairy, santa and all that. I thought this would prevent her from begging to buy lots of things in the parks each day. If I was going to do this what kind of gifts should I take for to get each night?

I LOVE this idea! Not silly at all...read about this from Kanga1.. ;)
You should read Kanga1 's trip reports on the trips reports forum she has about 7 reports up now and I'm loving them. She is really entertaining to read and she did a tinkerbell bag for her 4 year old daughter. She lists some of her ideas based on what she did each day- highlights and such...
I'm working on making one for my 4 yr old now. Already got some Mickey & Minnie small stuffed animals at Target on clearance last week ( hoping that mousekeeping will pose them for us) and I bought a shimmery wine bottle bag that is mint green for the actual bag at Target too.

Don't forget to visit the thread!! I think you'll like it!

DD5 loved Tink gifts!!! It was one of her favorite things about our trip. Do it! We left DD5 and DS2 (usually) small, inexpensive things like Disney bandaids and temporary tattoos. Tink visited during the night if the kids were good during the day. This helped keep whining and fighting at a minimum (and Tink never missed a night.) I thought Tink gifts were the best idea I got from the DISboards! They made our WDW trip extra-magical.

Great idea! Although Tink didn't leave gifts for our daughter, mommy surprised her every evening after the park with a Disney treat... all mostly clearance items from the Disney Store (my wife is a castmember there... but even without that discount, the prices are great for clearance items)...
-jiggle beans
-small stuffed animals
-magic towels
-figurines, etc., etc.

For a fraction of the cost of souvenirs in the parks, we made the magic happen anyway ::MickeyMo

:wizard: I think it is a magical idea and I am planning on doing it for my kids next May when we go.

I don't know if you have a Dollar Tree store nearby, but you can find great little Disney treats there! Or other small toys, etc. I thought I would buy:
Glo Necklaces and bracelets
Disney Stickers
Large Disney Suckers
Anything Disney themed toys I can find!

I need to read Kanga1's thread too. It sounds great!

Well, I have been stockpiling "Mickey" gifts for a while now (Mickey is the one who leaves the gifts at our room :) ), and DD7 will be getting the following:

-Stitch plush toy
-Lilo PJs and Princess PJs
-Disney Cuties pool tote
-Ariel battery powered mini fan
-Disney "Live Strong" style rubber bracelets
-Lilo oversized T for a pool cover-up

I got all of these items at the Disney Store on clearance in the past 4 months or so. I'll probably stop by the Dollar Tree, too, and get some Disney notepads and pencils and stickers for the drive.

Thanks for all of your help. I have started a list to keep in my day planner. That way I can check my list before shopping to get plenty of fun things.
Thanks so much!

I think it's a cute idea, but my girls 5 & 9 really like to pick out their own stuff at the parks. I would give cash!! :flower:

Lives4Disney princess:

We had special gifts for our 4 year old daughter that we got ahead of time, also. We got great deals on t-shirts and pajamas from the Disney Store. We also got Disney books, small toys, light toys (for at night in the park) etc. We wrapped them and gave her a special gift each day. She loved it!!

The night before our breakfast in the castle, Cinderella dropped of an invitation and a special crown for my daughter to wear for breakfast. She was thrilled!

Oh, she also had some of her own Disney Dollars to spend in the parks. If you get any Disney Dollars, I would recommend getting one dollar bills. Its fun to count out your dollars, plus most of the time you don't get Disney Dollars back for change.

I do this each trip as well, leaving a gift each night under the pillow that corresponds with the park we visited that day. This year we are going with a friend and her DS, 7 so I've been busy "shopping" for months now. First night, he will get an autograph book while my DD, who already has one, will get a pressed penny book. After getting home that night from AK, I bought him a Lion King mug and my daughter an AK wallet/purse. While I know my kids would prefer to pick out their own gifts, I really can't afford to do that each day. I was able to get most of these souveniers from DisneyDirect at 75% off, including sweatshirts and tshirts and stuffed animals, etc. Of course, I'm going to start each kid off with some Disney Dollars as well, but I'm thinking they'll probably end up spending that in the arcade. What Fun :flower:

I did something similar for my girls -- but doggone it, I didn't think about saying they were from Tinkerbell!! I just gave them a surprise each day.

One day it was just some pretty little crowns. Another it was a Disney princess Barbie for each of them. Another day it was a playset with Disney princesses.

And yes - it did help keep them from wanting things in the park. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter