• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for mother daugther trip

Alicnwondrln

DIS Veteran
Ok so I booked at the WL with my postcard rate of 137 anight for a courtyard view. The trip is with my mother and we are traveling together for the first time in a LONG time. What would be good things to do there. My mom wants to go to more adult types of restuarants and stuff like that......
any ideas

thanks

Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian.

A spa treatment.

Dinner at Artisit Point, California Grill, Jiko.

Restaurants: Cal Grill, Flying Fish, Konas, AP, Yachts ST, Olivias, Tea at the GF, Narcoossees, Jiko Brown Derby or Mama Melrose. You cant beat any of the restaurants in WS, but Le Cellier is a fave.

You might look at the tours that are offered such as the garden or architecture tour at EC.
http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm

My mom and I enjoy getting a drink then going down to the beach at FW or the Poly and watching the MK fireworks.

I had the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian on our trip in May.(just the girls) We had the best time loved every minute.

I am going in January, first time just DD (age 22) and myself. Definately want to to the tea, i think it would make our trip special, we have never done it before.
Also thinking about going to the Calif. Grill for dinner and hopefully being able to see Wishes from there

DO THE TEA AT THE GF IT WAS WONDERFUL EVEN DH WENT AND HE IS NOT A MEAT OR CHEESE EATER AND THE CHEF CAME TO THE TABLE AND TOLD HIM ANYTHING HE WANTED SHE WOULD PUT IN TEA SANDWICHS AND SHE DID SHE DID SALMON AND EVEN MY GRAND KIDS LOVED IT A BOY 5 AND GIRL 12 MONTHS

My mom and I did an Orlando "girls trip" in June. One of our favorite evenings was a meal at Bistro de Paris (above Chefs de France). When we arrived, we were talking to the host and told him we'd left the "boys" at home. He arranged for us to have a wonderful table by the window with a great view of Illuminations. If you like wine, they have a delicious tasting menu with some fabulous wines. It was a very adult, very leisurely and delicious dinner.

I also ditto the vote for spa treatments. We had massages at the GF and they were great! (Don't forget to apply your discount if you are an AP holder) Have Fun!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter