• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for May trip

disneydream211

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! My family and I are taking a trip in May, 17-25 to be exact, and we are looking for some restaurants and looking for some feedback on places we are thinking about. We are no stranger to WDW, so we're looking for those unique places. The age range for my family is 15+. Our price range isn't too expensive, so no Victoria and Albert's, Le Cellier, or Hoop Dee Doo (which I'm super bummed about... :sad1:). We're not on the DDP this trip. Also, there are 2 boys and 2 girls in my family.

We're thinking about Crystal Palace for breakfast to get into the park early so we can get some pictures. Beaches and Cream for lunch is also a strong option. We're doing BOG for lunch because dinner reservations are of course all booked up. Some places we've already been to:

-50's prime time
-Mama Melrose's
-Kona
-Ohana
-Cinderella's Royal Table
-Chef Mickey's
-Teppan Edo
-Boma(coming soon March 2014 for breakfast, and SUPER excited about it too)
-Rainforest
-T-Rex
-1900 Park Fare
-Grand Floridian Cafe

What Disney parks will you be visiting, I don't want to make a recommendation for a restaurant that's in a park you won't be visiting;)

We are also going in May.

We are doing Crystal Palace just like you suggested as we have done this before and it it wonderful. We are also doing Beaches and Cream on our arrival day so that the exchange student we are are sponsoring can experience the Kitchen Sink.

We have Fanstasmic Dining Experience reservations at Mama Melrose's (as we have every time we go to WDW) and are excited that this is now in the center instead of the far end.

We usually go to Rainforest Cafe on our AK day, but we may not this time. It would be great with your children. I think the AK edition is better than the Downtown Disney one. We are also considering Via Napoli as my daughter lover Italian pizza and pasta and this if fairly new and different.

O'hana is also in the picture. We had a bad experience with Chef Mickey's one and will never go back. My wife and I did a Boma breakfast one time and really enjoyed it. My wife, daughter, and female exchange student are goingto Afternoon Tea atthe Grand Floridian for the first time.

Just pick and enjoy. You are at Disney World!!

If you are visiting Epcot, I highly recommend Via Napoli. They have terrific pizza. Also, are you bummed about HDDR because of the show or the food? If it's the food, I have heard Trail's End serves, pretty much, the same things. A few minor differences. I have never been, but we are going in September. We are, actually, going for breakfast and dinner.

If you are visiting Epcot, I highly recommend Via Napoli. They have terrific pizza. Also, are you bummed about HDDR because of the show or the food? If it's the food, I have heard Trail's End serves, pretty much, the same things. A few minor differences. I have never been, but we are going in September. We are, actually, going for breakfast and dinner.

I haven't tried Via Napoli so I'll look into that one. As for HDDR, it's just not what we want to spend on this trip. I'm thinking of going back in October anyway for MNSSHP and I'll probably do DDP and do it then.

If you are going to DHS I would highly recommend Sci Fi Dine In Theater. Our kids LOVE this place and it is our must do repeat every trip. We have done a lunch and dinner here and will be doing a dinner again next visit. Lots of folks complain about the food but we love the burgers and shakes. I've also had the bow tie pasta and it was very good.

At Epcot if you're looking for a good character meal I suggest Garden Grill. Typically characters are Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale. This is a family style buffet so food is brought to you at your table and it all you can eat. We had a fish and beef last visit and it was all super tasty. Veggies galore and the kids options were good as well. The restaurants rotates and that is a really neat feature!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter