• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for Christmas/Thank you gifts

ddrie

Earning My Ears
I need some ideas/feedback for Christmastime thank you gifts. I am battling breast cancer but I would like to do something special for all those family and friends and caregivers that went to chemo with me, made a meal for our family etc. I had a few ideas and wanted some feedback to know if it sounded like something people would want. I will also take any suggestions too. I don't want to break the bank, just something thoughtful, from my heart.

1. Thinking about a Christmas Morning Breakfast Tray with a homemade Coffee cake, flavored butters and maybe a sparkling juice (so the kids can enjoy too).

2. I also make christmas cookies and make homemade candy and thought about something like that also.

The above things like the cookies and coffee cake can be made ahead when I feel like baking so I was leaning that way but I am open any suggestions or ideas! Thank you!:santa:

I need some ideas/feedback for Christmastime thank you gifts. I am battling breast cancer but I would like to do something special for all those family and friends and caregivers that went to chemo with me, made a meal for our family etc. I had a few ideas and wanted some feedback to know if it sounded like something people would want. I will also take any suggestions too. I don't want to break the bank, just something thoughtful, from my heart.

1. Thinking about a Christmas Morning Breakfast Tray with a homemade Coffee cake, flavored butters and maybe a sparkling juice (so the kids can enjoy too).

2. I also make christmas cookies and make homemade candy and thought about something like that also.

The above things like the cookies and coffee cake can be made ahead when I feel like baking so I was leaning that way but I am open any suggestions or ideas! Thank you!:santa:

I know you know they don't expect anything and truly just want to help you as you go through your treatments. But, if you do want to do something (and I understand that you do), I think the two ideas you put forth are both excellent. I would go with whatever is the least stressful for you though. :thumbsup2

That is very kind of you, and I love the idea of the breakfast tray. (Although you can never go wrong with cookies!)

I think either would be seen as a heartfelt thank you.

I would love to receive either as a special gift/thank you. My favorite would be the coffee cake bundle because we usually receive a couple of cookie platters each Christmas from families so the breakfast tray idea would be more unique. Plus, you said you could bake them in advance when you are feeling well and that is a HUGE plus so you don't feel so overwhelmed to get them all finished in time.

I think it is very kind of you to think of others as you are going through your own struggles. :flower3:

First, hang in there and be sure to take care of yourself. It really makes a difference in your recovery. (Speaking from experience with cancer)

I think baking something when you feel up to it is a good idea. I personally have a sweet tooth, so my vote is for cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter