Ideas for "cheap" places to eat?!

bigsky

<font color=teal>4 by land, and<br><font color=dar
Ok..I don't want to sound cheap, but any ideas out there to eat inexpensively? We'll be there 4 days. Doing the land/sea pkg. I'm going to bring many snacks to eat. May eat one sit down dinner.Maybe that should be our Thanksgiving dinner or maybe just too busy? Will eat the majority at counters.
Since we won't have a car, we can't go to the grocery store. Will bring as much with us.
My kids are aware of this and they don't care. Told them when we get on the cruise, they can eat as much or whatever they want. I don't know about you, but how do you all afford to go to WDW so many times??
I think that's another ? another time..ha ha..

Thanks!
Can't wait to go! :Pinkbounc

When we went in Dec., we camped at FW so most of our dinner meals were eaten in the camper. I DID search extensivley through my copy of Passporter to find reasonable places to eat in each and every park and kept the list with me....just in case we didn't feel like heading back! :p There are 5 of us so meals could really add up quickly. One of the best meals we had out was over in Fort Wilderness (if you are in MK, all you need to do is hop on the boat and head across Bay Lake...real easy and quick!). At Trails End, they have a 16" pizza that's to die for!! Only cost $12.99. Fed all of us dinner and we had a few slices left over for munchies later on that evening. There is also a bakery in France is Epcot (can't quote you the name!) that has very reasonably priced ham and cheese croissants.

My advice, do as much research as you can and take notes! :bounce:

Thanks for your advice. I just found this site, so I am reading and taking lots of notes. So much to plan! But it's 1/2 the fun. Now that's cheap for wdw..12.99 to feed the family!
The food does add up!! Just not a priority to spend lots of money on food. Would rather spend it on other stuff.
Will definately ck out the pizza.

THanks again,
Laura:wave:

Do you have Passporter? They list how expensive all the restaurants are (and the type of food they serve!) in all the parks and DTD. :p It was a real help. I know they also have a web site, but I'm not sure whether it gives all that kind of information. It is the ultimate Disney planning book I've ever come across. :)

If you have any more questions, just ask! I LOVE planning Disney vacations....I'm already planning our next one! :bounce:

Oh yeah, another site you might want to check out is tourguidemike.com . Alot of helpful information there as well! :Pinkbounc

Trail's End buffet at FW is also one of the hottest deals on
property. If you can fill up during breakfast you can skip lunch.

:D

When my Mother and I went to Disney World in August of 2002 we realized how expensive some of the food items were at the food court. We stayed at All Star Movies and I have to admit our first meal there was a big time eye opener.

Some of the money saving things we did was bring a small collapsible cooler which we filled up with ice. Inside we kept fruit, leftover milk, and juices. We also packed tea bags and oatmeal in packets. I packed a small pot that we could heat up water in.

Another thing we did was to order a dinner meal and split it between us. I'm constantly calorie counting and watching my intake so it definitely helped and I have to admit neither one of us felt deprived food wise, so it worked for us.

Downtown Disney has a McDonalds for those addicted to Mickey D's. I know my husband and I would pick up breakfast there on previous trips, but I wouldn't do that on a daily basis, but its a thought..

Kaye

:earsgirl: :jester:

Colleen,
No I don't have a passporter. Never heard of them. Course I'm just beginning to plan our first wdw trip. I did find a website that has all the restaurants in each place. So not sure what the difference is. Will also ck out that other website you rec.

thanks!
Laura

We do Disney on Cash!! So of course I have hit and tried all the inexpensive places to eat.
OUr favorite place is Peco Bills at Magic Kingdom.for a big burger.

We also do all you can eat places like Chef Mickeys for Breakfast
mid morning = then sandwich at night for supper.
Or any Breakfast Buffet.....
We like them because our child under 3 can eat free at them...
** Can pick up fruit, cereal boxes, juice * milk for later in the day
for him - free**

And my husband and I do a good meal maybe at late lunch
and I get an appetizer and he gets a meat plate and we split.
(when we don't do a breakfast buffet.)

Alot of ways to go away full but not a hole in your pocket book.

Have a magical Time!!!

Another way to save is to drink water with your meals. You can ask for a cup of ice water (no charge) instead of soda or bottled water to quench your thirst. The soda really adds to your food bill.

Biggest tip bring your own bottle water, powerade and colas into the park with you.

I woulld get the chicken and tuna saland packets and pringles and call it lunch.

Try the turkeys legs they is huge and can be easily share. Yes for those folks that think emus then must don't live down south were they raise turkeys and cut off there legs and no I am not kidding either. It's really turkey leg. You can feed two people with with one leg.

Eat two meals a day instead of three meals.

magic kingdom- pinocchio's village haus
mgm- ABC Commisary
epcot- Sunshine Season Food Fair(the food court in epcot)

all of these are cheap options.

Some meals are large even during lunch, try getting 2 meals for 3 people.

The fountain drinks are already cold so get the large with no ince and share.

Can you get just ice from the venders if you get food from them? That is if we have bottled water that we brought and use their cups of ice?

Hey Disneyfool..is that your family at the bottom or a family reunion?!! Lots of kids there! wow!!

Many places in WDW sell little pizzas, which are actually good for 2 people. DD and I shared them all over the place. They weren't too expensive and they taste pretty good.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter