• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for catching the game....

Kidanifan08

DIS Veteran
We are staying at OKW for the Thanksgiving weekend and I am trying to figure out where I can catch a noon kickoff on TV that day. We are currently planning on going to HS that AM for rides and then finding somewhere to watch the game. We plan on heading back to HS that afternoon for dinner at Mama Melrose and to catch the holiday stuff. Originally, I considered heading over to the pool bar at Boardwalk and letting DW and DS swim while I watch the game, but then I forgot that pool hopping is not allowed that weekend. We could go to ESPN, but I suspect it will be crowded. Crew’s cup at Yacht Club is another option. I like Disney Springs, but I hate to take the time to drive all the way over there.

We will have a rental car, so we could always head back to OKW, but I wasn’t sure where we could watch there. I really don’t want to spend 3 hours in the studio watching the game. The Gurgling Suitcase seems small and I didn’t know if there are TV’s at the other pools.

I would love some feedback for those more familiar with the options at OKW or other ideas!

I would try ESPN Boardwalk. It may be crowded, but I suspect most people will be in the parks. I’ve been there for March Madness and the Army Navy Game and it was not too crowded.

Any bar around WDW will have the game on. Take a boat ride from DHS to any of the EPCOT area resorts, find a bar, watch the game, and then take the boat back to DHS.

Any bar around WDW will have the game on. Take a boat ride from DHS to any of the EPCOT area resorts, find a bar, watch the game, and then take the boat back to DHS.

Only locally televised games or a limited section of games will usually be in smaller bars. They only have so many TVs and may not have NFL package. The best option is to go to ESPN zone or somewhere that shows all of the games. At ESPN, we have seen lines outside of the restaurant prior to kickoff so it could be crowded.

Only locally televised games or a limited section of games will usually be in smaller bars. They only have so many TVs and may not have NFL package. The best option is to go to ESPN zone or somewhere that shows all of the games. At ESPN, we have seen lines outside of the restaurant prior to kickoff so it could be crowded.

The Turkey Day games are all nationally televised, all TV's will have them, no Sunday Ticket, etc. required.

Any place with a TV will have it.....

I agree with others that any place with a TV will have the games on. We watched a Thursday night game at the Tambu lounge at the poly last fall. It was a lot of fun.

The Turkey Day games are all nationally televised, all TV's will have them, no Sunday Ticket, etc. required.

Any place with a TV will have it.....

The first post says Thanksgiving weekend, not Thanksgiving day.

Thanks for the replies. The Disney Tourist Blog link was helpful. Does anyone know if Gurgling suitcase is the only TV bar at OKW or if the other pools at that resort have TV’s and food/beverage? Again, I would love to sit at the bar at Leaping Libations, but I wasn’t sure if I would be allowed to go there given the pool hopping restrictions, since I’m not staying there. I guess I could always get to ESPN around 11 and hope to get a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter