• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for a romantic night?

kiltclan

Kilt up!
Hi all! My fiancee and I are heading up again for our annual Valen-birth-aversary trip and were trying to brainstorm something to romantic for us to do on one of our nights there.

We usually do things like character meals or just goof off in the park but decided that since the fates have us there on the actual night of v-day, were trying to think of something more adulty our usual shtick.

So far the best weve come up with is a fancy dinner at one of the resturants around the WS lagoon timed for Illuminations, but im not sure if any of them get a decent view.

Any and all ideas are appreciated! TiA!

Dinner at Narcoossee's scheduled during or prior Wishes. It's so romantic. Especially because you can schedule dinner later and it's mostly adults. We've even eaten dinner and gone outside on the boat dock to view them. Best wishes.

If you want to be at Illuminations and dinner at the same time your best bet is Rose and Crown in World Showcase's United Kingdom. They have an outside eating area and hopefully you can secure a spot outside. Mexico has an outside eating place, too. Hopefully, it won't be too cold at night.

Narcossee's is a restaurant located at the Grand Floridian. It it close to the boat dock and the pool. It is a super deluxe restaurant. It will cost more to dine here then the places above. You can see Wishes from this restaurant if you have the right seating there. There is an outside viewing area nearby, too. I really like this restaurant, but it will be costly. It's a signature restaurant.

If money is no object you can take an Illuminations boat cruise, but now you are really talking big bucks and you still have to pay for a meal. They provide blankets if it's cold. The boat is big enough to seat 8 to 10 people, but you can do a couple only. We did this once as a couple. We have also shared the boat, but that can get a little complicated.

I agree with Timothy02359. Cali Grill during Wishes is amazing! Book 90 minutes to 2 hours before MK fireworks if you can. Or if you can book any time that day, you can return with your receipt and be admitted to the observation deck to watch them.

OK this is a bit off the beaten path and not Disney. Of course you could still do Dinner and Illuminations at Disney and then make a late night reservation at

www.betterthansexdesserts.com

They take reservations until I think midnight. It is about a 1/2 hour up I-4 from Disney. Wife and I went after daughter had to return home early for a coaches clinic that her job set up so we had about 5 days to ourselves and this was a highlight!!!

I agree with above posters that setting up a reservation at Narcoosee's about 1.5-2 hours before Wishes is perfect. It's a fabulous dinner and getting to watch the fireworks on their dock is romantic.

I haven't been to Victoria and Albert's, but from everything I have read, it is the most romantic and gourmet restaurant at Disney. It definitely would be a special dinner.

One very low-budget option: Watching the Wishes fireworks from the Polynesian Beach while having a Dole Whip. It felt very romantic to us.

I am takiing the wife to the Yachtsman Steakhouse and then for a stroll on the Boardwalk.

I find a walk around the Poly at night with the tiki torches going or watching the animals at the AKL around dusk to be pretty nice.

My $.02. Dinner at V&A early. (this is extremely Pricey, but well worth it) After Dinner head over to the Poly and have drinks at Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace while watching the fireworks over the lagoon, after the fireworks take a stroll on the path back to GF along the lagoon.

Sounds awesome! Hubby & I are doing a trip just the 2 of us. We're booked at narcoosee's at 8:35 & hope to see wishes either while eating or afterwards :)

We just did our honeymoon at WDW last month, and we did Narcoossee's the night after our wedding. We absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat if it wasn't so expensive (we're both cast members, so money is usually kinda tight). I've also heard that the other restaurants mentioned here (Yachtsman, V&A's, and California Grill) are excellent for date nights. Given that we're usually on a budget, some things that we really like doing that are lower cost are just going to one of the monorail resorts and getting ice cream and sitting on the beach to watch the fireworks, or going to Disney Springs and just wandering around window shopping.

We do dinner at the Rose and Crown every trip. And of course went on our honeymoon as well in 2015! This is one of our favorites and the view of Illuminations is great. Just let the check in desk you want to wait for a patio table. After Illuminations is done, take your time leaving and walk around the world as everyone is leaving...it's wonderful!!

Cali grill around fireworks, they pretty much shut down rest for viewing. Vic & Albs at Grand Floridian for me was way overrated.. Canada at epcot, good food, not super romatic. Upstairs in France... More formal and relaxed than downstairs. Geared towards adults. Our service was outstanding, food was great, we went up with 3 kids on the upper floor, and happened to be the only kids up there.

I do like walking around epcot after everyone else is gone so I second the eat somewhere in epcot really late and take your time getting out of there. the rose and crown patio suggestion timed to see illuminations sounds great, I'll have to try that one night.

Things I think of would be getting dressed up and doing a fireworks cruise. I think epcot would be the better one to do for this. I actually like the boats in general so renting a boat and going around the 2 lakes and past MK on your own is something you can't do anywhere else. There is a horse and buggy ride you can take at port orleans riverside that goes over to french quarter and back. there is horseback riding in fort wilderness. Do they still have some hammocks on the poly beach? getting there early to make sure you get one and watching the mk fireworks from there. Dinner and cirque du soleil in springs can be a nice night out. couples massage at one of the spas. grand floridian offers a lesser known option of private dining with your own butler in a few locations, I forget how to book this. Don't forget to look at the places to dine at swan and dolphin, some of the best places to eat are there and for many locals it's a goto show off place for somethign at disney but not disney.

Oh and what is your budget? you can rent just about anywhere when nobody is around and have a very private, somewhere special to you dinner. This is not me, but I ran into this one once where someone did a fireworks cruise and then had a private after hours dinning experience at tower of terror. http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/our-wedding/tot-anniversary-party/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter