Ideas about what to do after cruise???

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
We plan to stay over another night after disembark day and need ideas on what to do. We are doing two days at WDW before and would like to do something non Disney for a change. I thought maybe universal but it would only be half a day. Sea World? Or something right on the coast? We have a 5 and 9 year old with us to take into account also.

Why would it only be half a day? :confused3 If you mean because you leave the ship, you could still easily make it back to orlando by 9 or close to it depending on how motivated you are.

If you haven't been to SeaWorld, it is DEFINITELY one of our absolute favorites! Might not see everything there in a day, but you would see some great things. Universal with 2 parks is a bit much in a day. A SeaWorld day, especially if you get there early, is fabulous. Another option is Wet n Wild (economic and a blast!) or what about added on a Water park option to your WDW ticket and spending the day at a water park?

Whatever you do, if you pick wisely, it will definitely help chase away (or realistically delay) the post cruise blues!

My vote is Sea World or a Water park...

Would also depend on where you plan to stay.
Wonder Works is Fun for those ages.

Might be a *tad* young at those ages, but we had a blast at the Space Center the day we disembarked from our last cruise...

Look up Go Orlando, Even if you dnt want to buy a card, they give you a lot of fun ideas!!!:cool1:

space center and its close!
I like seaworld a lot but to me seaworld is a full day kinda thing and personally I think I would be too tired

Why would it only be half a day? :confused3 If you mean because you leave the ship, you could still easily make it back to orlando by 9 or close to it depending on how motivated you are.

If you haven't been to SeaWorld, it is DEFINITELY one of our absolute favorites! Might not see everything there in a day, but you would see some great things. Universal with 2 parks is a bit much in a day. A SeaWorld day, especially if you get there early, is fabulous. Another option is Wet n Wild (economic and a blast!) or what about added on a Water park option to your WDW ticket and spending the day at a water park?

Whatever you do, if you pick wisely, it will definitely help chase away (or realistically delay) the post cruise blues!

My vote is Sea World or a Water park...

Yeah we aren't early risers so we stay on the boat late as possible, I would see us getting to anywhere near Disney by lunchtime. Idk I was think also to maybe go back to Disney but not go to the parks, maybe just ride the monorail, explore the resorts, catch fire works from the poly&

There is always Downtown Disney too.

But, I think a nice resort with a great pool for your last day would be the way to go!

Of course I think that now, but when my kids were 5 and 9 ... I would hav crammed another day of WDW into the mix.

Maybe do your favorites over again or see something you missed.

Might be a *tad* young at those ages, but we had a blast at the Space Center the day we disembarked from our last cruise...

We love the Kennedy Space Center. It is 20 minutes from the ship. I think kids that age will be totally excited by the rockets. Maybe young to do any of the tours that show the launch pads, but the visitor center would work well.

Check out their website. The 9 year old might enjoy the "Lunch with an astronaut."

I would say KSC also. Its close to the port, and you can do as much or as little as you like. Theres any number of thing to do and they are almost all at your pace.

We love exploring the Orlando area. We discovered Celebration. A small community originally planned by Disney. Quaint and nice to drive/ walk around and explore shops and restaurant. We LOVED Kennedy space center! Gator land is a neat place to visit. A great experience we had was taking an airboat tour over swamplands. Saw gators and other wildlife up close. I think that's a must do if you're new to the area.

Yeah we aren't early risers so we stay on the boat late as possible, I would see us getting to anywhere near Disney by lunchtime. Idk I was think also to maybe go back to Disney but not go to the parks, maybe just ride the monorail, explore the resorts, catch fire works from the poly&

Well you HAVE to be OFF the ship by 9 btw. So that means you could be at Orlando by 10-11. Unless you want to spend the day at PC. They don't give you much option on debarkation day. Pretty much they start getting pretty busy with the announcements from 7:00 on...

We love exploring the Orlando area. We discovered Celebration. A small community originally planned by Disney. Quaint and nice to drive/ walk around and explore shops and restaurant. We LOVED Kennedy space center! Gator land is a neat place to visit. A great experience we had was taking an airboat tour over swamplands. Saw gators and other wildlife up close. I think that's a must do if you're new to the area.

Do you remember the company you used for the airboats? My husband and I have done it but would like to take our almost 4 yr old on one (not sure if she is old enough though). We are trying to find something to do after our cruise before we fly home the same day. Thinking Gatorland as we live in OC CA and do dland all the time, sea worl, zoo, etc. Want something thats unique to Florida,

Well you HAVE to be OFF the ship by 9 btw. So that means you could be at Orlando by 10-11. Unless you want to spend the day at PC. They don't give you much option on debarkation day. Pretty much they start getting pretty busy with the announcements from 7:00 on...

Yeah they were pretty much kicking us off lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter