Ideal cabana? No such thing, right? But . . .

disneywonderfun

DIS Veteran
I know virtually everybody praises their cabana choice generally speaking. So, I am not really asking if you had a nice time in your specific cabana. However, if given a choice of all cabanas on the main family beach, which would you chose with the following particulars:

Two cabins splitting a cabana. Total of four adults, four kids (12 yo girl, 12 yo girl, 9 yo boy, 6 yo boy)

12 yo girls are friends and plan on running around together, enjoy swimming, water slides, etc.

Mom of 6 yo likes to keep a close eye on him.

Parents like nice view of the beach without much commotion.

I was thinking something in the 7-10 range would make sense. What say you?

DWF

You may not have a lot of choice. Cabanas book very fast. I am gold and when I could book at 105 days out., all the cabanas we gone.

I would like to know other's Input on this subiect too. May I point out that people are simply looking for answers to their questions...... Not how they won't be able to get what they are thinking about.

I know virtually everybody praises their cabana choice generally speaking. So, I am not really asking if you had a nice time in your specific cabana. However, if given a choice of all cabanas on the main family beach, which would you chose with the following particulars:

Two cabins splitting a cabana. Total of four adults, four kids (12 yo girl, 12 yo girl, 9 yo boy, 6 yo boy)

12 yo girls are friends and plan on running around together, enjoy swimming, water slides, etc.

Mom of 6 yo likes to keep a close eye on him.

Parents like nice view of the beach without much commotion.

I was thinking something in the 7-10 range would make sense. What say you?

DWF

I would say 2, 3, 4 or 5. Great sight line to the beach in front of you. Close to Cookies Too and the bathrooms. Close to Pelican Plunge where I'm sure the 12yr old girls will spend a lot of time.

I don't know this for a fact, but based on previous posts I've read, it appears the higher numbered cabana's on the family beach are NOT ideal for swimming. It seems the beach in front of these cabanas is only a couple feet deep. As the tide goes out, you basically have very little water in front. Of course you can always walk down and swim in front of the lower numbered cabanas.

If this is true, I'm not sure why some people seem to target these higher numberered cabanas (maybe they are more private?). I have # 15 reserved for May, but trying to swap it for a lower number (of course there is no availability).

I was in cabana #4 in January 2011 and will be in cabana #7 in a couple weeks. Cabana #4 is good for being close to restrooms, being close to Cookies, and the water outfront is good. We did end up walking towards the higher number cabanas because there was a little island that you could walk to on that end. The bad part about #4 was the folks who did not book cabanas. No flames here, please. People would walk up to the rope, make comments such as, "we aren't supposed to go in there," and then would walk right past the rope into the cabana beach area. There was a never-ending line of people walking in and being walked back out. There really was no one there to make sure that only cabana guests were getting past the rope, and we did eventually say something to the cabana hosts because it got that bad.

So, for this next cruise, we moved further down in hopes that we will still be close enough to the deeper water, restrooms, and Cookies, but further away from the constant commotion at the rope. I can report back in a few weeks to let you know if that was my experience.

Commander Cody said:
I don't know this for a fact, but based on previous posts I've read, it appears the higher numbered cabana's on the family beach are NOT ideal for swimming. It seems the beach in front of these cabanas is only a couple feet deep. As the tide goes out, you basically have very little water in front. Of course you can always walk down and swim in front of the lower numbered cabanas.

If this is true, I'm not sure why some people seem to target these higher numberered cabanas (maybe they are more private?). I have # 15 reserved for May, but trying to swap it for a lower number (of course there is no availability).

If I had small children, which I do, I would only want a couple of feet of water.

We've had cabana #4 on two previous cruises and will have it again for the third time during our April 27th, 2013 Western. Obviously we like cabana #4 and there are a few reasons!

1 - Its a very short walk to the restroom/cookies/bikes etc.....
2 - Sightlines from the hammock/beach toward the ship and the water slide are perfect!
3- We've had it two other times.....so let's keep the streak going!

Good luck and have fun......any cabana is a good cabana!

We've had 7 twice, which is close to where the beach turns a little toward the very shallow side. We loved it both times, but booked 4 this time to be in a little deeper water and to be closer to the restrooms/ food. I was worn out taking our DS (then 3) to the potty every 30 minutes. It's not a long walk from 7, but I'm happy to cut down on some of that time.

FWIW both times that we were there, we didn't see anyone close the rope. I think it just depends.

We had cabana 2 and I was thinking that that area would be good if you were going to have kids using Pelican Plunge - good view from the beach there and the beach was nice. But I might want to be a few more cabanas down. 2 was too close to the general public when you headed down to the beach (like another poster said, a lot of comments from people about not crossing the rope, but then crossing it anyway.) We went with a low # cabana because we wanted to be close to bathrooms and Cookies 2 and #2 was perfect for that.

So I think your assessment of trying to get in the 7-10 range is on target. But if those aren't available, I'd head to 4-6 before I took 11-14.

We had #5 last year, I loved the location and view. I tried #4 and #5, before I snagged our current reservation in #6. I logged in at 12:01am.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter