• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Idea for rebranding Stitch's Great Escape

WDWCPSydney

Earning My Ears
Given the box office success of Wreck-it Ralph, I'd really like to see it get an attraction.

So here's an idea my friend Sunny cooked up with some of her friends, that I'm elaborating on.

No one seems to like Stitch's Great Escape. I personally don't mind it, but I digress. I'd like this idea more, honestly. Here goes!:

Space Marine Training Camp
Guests enter the queue, which is themed with pictures of the Hero's Duty marine team (in typical poses, some single shots, some group photos, of Tamora Calhoun and her men). There are medals, a cybug skeleton, and perhaps a suit of armor on display in cases that guests can look at. Perhaps a small memorial to Dr. Brad Scott (Calhoun's fiance that died on their wedding day).

Sergeant Calhoun's face comes on the televisions and explains to the rookies that they are to monitor the cybugs in the lab, as they are there for study. She advises the group of guests ('fresh meat') to meet her in the next room, and the door opens to the second room (where the robot cop voiced by Richard Kind used to be).

Debriefing Room
An animatronic Calhoun greets the 'fresh meat' with a salute and explains what a cybug is, and why stopping them is so integral to the Planet With No Name. On either side of her, cybugs appear in the tubes and snap at the guests, trying to get out of the tubes. Calhoun instructs the 'fresh meat' to remain calm, and that a cybug educational seminar will be held in the next room. The guests are ushered into the next room by Cast Members wearing Space Marine uniforms (like Calhoun's in the movie).

The Show
The tube with Stitch has been replaced with a 3D figure of General Hologram (the guy who congratulates Ralph and gives him the medal) explains the cybugs, and cybugs fly all around the room, above the guests. The guests are then instructed to shoot, and sometimes an errant hit will cause the power to go out (like it does in SGE), and instead of Stitch jumping on the seats, they're CYBUGS! When the power is restored after a randomly assorted amount of time (never more than 4 minutes), the General congratulates the cadets.

After the ride, but before guests exit into the gift shop, a Cast Member is on hand at each exit, saluting the guests and handing them Hero's Duty medals.

The Gift Shop

The gift shop will sell Hero's Duty t-shirts, playsets, action figures, baby cybug plushes...etc.

I would love if they would keep the Stitch theme but turn it into a ride like Minion Mayhem.

I loved Wreck-It Ralph. These ideas are all great. Very thorough and clever! :thumbsup2

*whispers* I don't remember Stitch being so awful. Though it's been a while...

Or maybe the Tomorrowland Speedway can be turned into Sugar Rush! (kidding, kinda...)

I loved Wreck-It Ralph. These ideas are all great. Very thorough and clever! :thumbsup2

*whispers* I don't remember Stitch being so awful. Though it's been a while...

Or maybe the Tomorrowland Speedway can be turned into Sugar Rush! (kidding, kinda...)

tomorrowland speedway into sugar rush would be amazing! I could see it now... it would be full of... SUGAR!!!!!

Just restore it to its pre-Stitch incarnation.

The complaints would just keep on comin'

There is generally ALWAYS a "hate Stitch attraction"
thread active on the Disney boards.

But before it was reconfigured... there was generally
ALWAYS a "hate Alien Encounter" thread active on the
Disney boards.

AE was, without a doubt, (when it was open) THE most-despised, most-reviled, most-complained-about attraction on this and any other Disney board from the day it opened.

The AE-lovers were certainly in HIDING back then.

I have vivid memories of the hundreds (it seemed) of threads back then that demanded Disney remove the vile AE from the park!

I liked AE, but most people I talked to did NOT.
I still find Stitch to be so SIMILAR to AE that the biggest one I can put my finger on is that S.I.R. is no longer in the PRE-show.

All I can say is that if they ever DO remove this
Stitch attraction, there will be wails of despair from
all the thousands of posters (they will materialize
out of THIN air) who "LOVED" ('Stitch was AWESOME')
Stitch's Great Escape.

And, for once, I'm not kidding!

:)

The only reason I don't want to see the ride gone is because I love stitch as a character. If they do something else with him as the star I'm fine with demolishing the ride.

I was an AE fan. I still have my mint condition plush Skippy in my office.

they should retheme it with National Treasure and have a huge Nicolas Cage head in the middle of the room reciting his best movie lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter