• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'd like to say "thank you" ......

Disneynutinlondon

<font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t
......... to all my fellow UK DISers :grouphug:

Because of the advice given in another thread about the number of days that Disney tickets can be used and DDP credits I have been able to get over £100 refund from our TA for our 2014 trip.

Background to this is we're going for 15 days, the longest we've ever done before is 10 days. So when I booked our TA told me that in order to get 15 days worth of dining credits we needed to get 21 day Disney Ultimate tickets .... "NO that's not right" I hear you say :sad2::sad2: Anyway after reading the previously mention thread I emailed our TA and pointed out the error of their ways. They are now providing us with 14 day tickets and are duly reducing the amount I still owe them by over £100.

So a big "THANK YOU" to all of you for all the questions and answers that are posted. It just proves that no matter how many times we've been to WDW there is always new tips to learn :goodvibes:goodvibes

Congratulations -£100 extra spending! :)

You've just had me counting out my holiday days as I'm easily confused! -total 16 days including arrival and departure day.I have a 14 day park ticket - I'd assumed I'd activate day after arrival and wouldn't be able to use it on departure day. Am I right or can I squeeze out an extra morning?

Background to this is we're going for 15 days, the longest we've ever done before is 10 days. So when I booked our TA told me that in order to get 15 days worth of dining credits we needed to get 21 day Disney Ultimate tickets .... "NO that's not right" I hear you say :sad2::sad2: Anyway after reading the previously mention thread I emailed our TA and pointed out the error of their ways. They are now providing us with 14 day tickets and are duly reducing the amount I still owe them by over £100.

So a big "THANK YOU" to all of you for all the questions and answers that are posted. It just proves that no matter how many times we've been to WDW there is always new tips to learn :goodvibes:goodvibes

I think I missed this thread, don't recall it.:confused3
It used to be minimum a 5 day ticket to get upto 21 day free DDP, looks like you now have to buy the 14 day for price of 7 for upto 21 day free DDP.
None of us know everything, all still learning.

Congratulations -£100 extra spending! :)

You've just had me counting out my holiday days as I'm easily confused! -total 16 days including arrival and departure day.I have a 14 day park ticket - I'd assumed I'd activate day after arrival and wouldn't be able to use it on departure day. Am I right or can I squeeze out an extra morning?

A 14 day ticket should be able to be used over 15 days (eg activate on a Sat you should be able to use on the Sat 2 weeks later) although some have posted if you use it every day for 14 days you can't use it on the 15th day.
This was still the case last time I tried August 2012, I will be testing it again this August.

I think I missed this thread, don't recall it.:confused3
It used to be minimum a 5 day ticket to get upto 21 day free DDP, looks like you now have to buy the 14 day for price of 7 for upto 21 day free DDP.
None of us know everything, all still learning.

This was the thread Wayne that got me onto this http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3120268

Basically our TA was saying we needed tickets to cover the entire length of our stay of 15 days in order to get 15 days DDP credits. However as I now know the dining credits are linked to the number of nights accommodation that are booked NOT the number of days your tickets are for

This was the thread Wayne that got me onto this http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3120268

Basically our TA was saying we needed tickets to cover the entire length of our stay of 15 days in order to get 15 days DDP credits. However as I now know the dining credits are linked to the number of nights accommodation that are booked NOT the number of days your tickets are for

Glad you got the refund but this is yet another reason why I will never use a UK-based TA for a trip to WDW. They know absolutely nothing and will often take advantage of inexperienced travellers to sell them tickets and upgrades that they don't need.

Well done for challenging them - and winning :thumbsup2

Glad you got the refund but this is yet another reason why I will never use a UK-based TA for a trip to WDW. They know absolutely nothing and will often take advantage of inexperienced travellers to sell them tickets and upgrades that they don't need.

Well done for challenging them - and winning :thumbsup2

Trouble is most of the time they are not taking advantage they really don't know what the rules/T&C's are. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter