ID for toddlers?

la79al

DIS Veteran
I am thinking that there is no possible way that we will lose DD. With 3 adults doting on her plus the stroller the chances are very slim. I am still considering putting some kind of ID on her though. I was thinking about a sticker in the middle of her back since she won't be big enough to show anyone a bracelet or note in her pocket or anything like that. I'm being paranoid right? 19 month olds don't get lost at DW right?

we had bracelets made for the kids, 2 each. one on the wrist, one on the ankle...my 18mo old didnt get lost but his anklet was very noticable, if god forbid he did get lost.
how about a safety tattoo?

I have a newly turned 3 yr old and a fairly absent minded 8 yr old that I had similar concerns about. I bought SafetyTats. I had them made up with my cell number because that's how I can be reached while in FL. I know the chances of losing them are slim and if I am going to lose them anywhere, WDW is probably the best place, aside from my church, to do it, but I am still nervous.

I plan on putting them on the inside of their upper arm. That way they are not visible with regular clothing and they won't leave a funny mark if they get some color from the sun. (plus its not like a billboard advertising my cell number to everyone they pass! LOL) I prefer this method to the ole sharpie marker on their back, bicep, wherever.

I may be overreacting, but it has given me peace of mind. Any little thing that can lower my stress and make me enjoy WDW more, all the better! :)

I ordered safety tattoos for our upcoming trip. They are pretty cool. It seems every time we go I try a new way to id the kids. 1st trip was a sticker on the back that had a pocket with our numbers inside. 2nd homemade cards in pockets. 3rd plastic ID bracelets. And now tattoos. I liked the tattoos because they won't come off and get lost.

I bought DD and DS braclets from www.shanrene.com/ for our upcoming trip. I will use them on their ankles and it just makes me feel better. I know that DD will probally spend most of her time in the stroller, as she likes to run off FAST, but DS will walk alot and it is just safer IMO. I thought about safety tats but DD doesn't like temp tatoos and she will love her pink braclet.

I have a dog tag from Petsmart (the ones you make in the machine) and I plan on putting it on DD's belt loop or attaching it to her shoe. It's got her first name, and DH's and my name and cell numbers.

funnily enough, it's easier to lose a child when there are multiple adults. If it's just you, you keep your eyes on your kiddo at all times. But with three adults, it becomes easy to look over, see the kiddo w/ DH or DM and then turn back to what you are doing, only to find out that DH thought DM had them, etc. etc. (trust me, I know this from experience:scared1:)

We now use a child tracking system just in case. But prior to that I made a disney dog tag and threaded it onto my kids shoelaces.

The last time we were at disney, my daughters were 5 and 8. We had stopped to watch the handicap boat come and unload at It's a small world. When we turned to leave my 5 year old had vanished! We had 4 adults with us and noone saw her take off. As luck would have it , we went to walmart and made dogtags for them. Most stores have a machine out front and they are realtively cheap and cute. We put them on a disney necklace we found in the jewelry department. There was enough room to put their name and 2 cell numbers. It came in handy!Also as another note take a picture of your child before you go in the park each day so you have a current what they are wearing now photo, There was a lady in Epcot that had lost her son and the people trying to help her was having a hard time understanding her. I saw she had a camera , and because i had just been through this i had her pull up a picture of her son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter