iced tea

catislander

Mouseketeer
Would someone be so kind as to let me know whether the iced tea on board is brewed or the flavored water that comes from a soda gun?

catislander said:
Would someone be so kind as to let me know whether the iced tea on board is brewed or the flavored water that comes from a soda gun?

Brewed in dining rooms only. The drink stations have it with the sodas.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The tea in the dining rooms (including Palo and Remy) is brewed...this has been the case for at least the last 5 years. Tea from the beverage station is the flavored water garbage.

I always take an extra glass with me from the dining room. Also, there is hot water and tea bags at the beverage station should you opt to brew your own. I don't mess with it on a short cruise, but I've been known to bring a big hot cup (like 1 quart) on long cruises and keep my brew in my stateroom! Yeah, I'm addicted.

Also (should you care) they do not have Splenda on the ship. They have chemical ick called Nutra Sweet Yellow. While I've heard others say it is OK, I find it to be terrible, so I bring my own real stuff.

Just came off the Fantasy on Saturday. DH is an iced tea freak :thumbsup2 and asked in the dining rooms if it was brewed and yes, it is. We even saw the iced tea brewers during our galley tour. The iced tea at the soda stations is Nestea (I think that's the brand) spigot tea.

Speaking from my vast experience of one cruise on the Magic where I was also in search of brewed iced tea... :goodvibes

It is available in the 3 main dining rooms, and also at Parrot Cay when it's serving a buffet. Topsiders does not have brewed iced tea, and it was somewhat of a pain to brew it there myself, so that's just one of many reasons I don't like Topsiders and won't go back there unless it's the only dining locatin open.

The pre-made iced tea at the drink stations is the yuck stuff from the fountain. But they have tea bags and hot water so you can quickly brew your own from the hot drink station. I found that two tea bags in a cup of hot water for about 2 minutes would be perfectly brewed and watered down just right if poured over a cup of ice, and then perhaps topped off with more ice. :thumbsup2

On the next to last day of my cruise, I discovered that the hot water from the bathroom tap was hot enough to brew the tea in my room, though it may take a few more minutes to fully brew. Once I figured this out I was able to keep some extra "iced-tea" supplies in my room, and along with the bucket of ice that our room hostess kept full for us in our fridge I was able to prepare my iced tea whenever I wanted from my room.

Yes, I'm an iced-tea addict and must have it to drink throughout the day! I brought my own 16 oz disposable insulated coffee cups and would use one each day. Would start the day with it full of iced tea and carry it around with me and refill, and then just throw it away whenever I got tired of carrying it. This worked better for me than something like a Tervis cup or other refillable mug because I could discard it whenever it became inconvenient, and I started each day with a clean cup.

This is good to know. I got one cup of the nestea in cabanas and didn't even bother ordering it the whole trip.

kcashner said:
The tea in the dining rooms (including Palo and Remy) is brewed...this has been the case for at least the last 5 years. Tea from the beverage station is the flavored water garbage.

Yep. Exactly. (I'm also a BREWED iced tea addict).

Yeah, I asked this once before too. I plan to brew my own with the tea bags when not in the restaurants.

Do any iced tea drinkers actually drink that stuff from the soda fountains? It's so gross! :crazy2:

Yep. Exactly. (I'm also a BREWED iced tea addict).

Love, love, love fresh brewed iced tea. Do not drink coffee at all. Drink all summer and winter. The tea in the dining rooms onboard is very good.

A little OT...I was at Panera Bread yesterday (they usually have really good brewed tea) and the iced tea tasted like water that had a bit of coloring to it....ick. I told one of the workers that I thought something was wrong with the iced tea and it didn't taste like it normally did...he looked at me like I was crazy. I said taste it...it tastes like water, not tea. He just looked at me with a degree of disgust.

Hey, when you love brewed iced tea you can tell the difference from a good glass of iced tea to a bad one!

MJ

No wonder I liked the tea in the dining room. I didn't even think about it because it was the only time I drank tea.

No wonder it tasted so good. I ended up ordering a glass every night in the MDR.

I just went off on an iced tea tangent in my trip report. I was very concerned about the iced tea when I got on the fantasy a few weeks ago and saw the drink station but thankfully the dining rooms is real, and Palo is even better. I'm not sure what they are doing up there.

Then we went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and their drink station had that terrible machine where you select what kind of iced tea you want. So not only is it gross syrup but all the syrups combine together. So sad.

Hi! Tea snob here! Was so disappointed at Epcot in December to find the tea shop had stopped carrying Prince of Wales loose tins. So sad that I immediately went to the Twinings website where it sells for half the price (of course) and I ended up spending $30. One thing I bought is their cold brew bags. I got gallon sized bags, but they also have single cup size that would go right in your carry on for the ship. They brew in room temp water for 10 minutes and make a darn excellent glass of iced tea. So good, in fact, that I have yet to add sugar to any of my gallons. And I live in Tennessee, so that tells you something! ! Ha. We got the Lady Grey and English Classic. These really would be perfect for tea-aholics who cruise.

Twiningsusa is the website. Retailmenot usually has discount codes. And I think $15 minimum order.

Thank you for standing with me and refusing bad tea. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going order the iced tea from Twinings. I'm also addicted to a wonderful hybiscus and mint tea that brews in room temperature water. Might bring some of that and a pitcher.
I'm also going to bring some Stevia too, I'm sure that's not available on board.

I had no idea so many people were iced tea fanatics. :) My husband will be happy to hear a lot of the information I've learned in this thread.

I am also a tea fanatic, that is all I drink. Hot tea in the morning, then brewed iced tea all day. On our last cruise on the Magic, I asked our server on our first night if he could fill up my two 24 oz tumblers full of iced tea at the end of dinner service. He willingly did so with no problem and I kept those tumblers in our fridge for the next day. I drank both tumblers every day and would get them refilled every night in the MDR. Worked out perfectly for me. I also brought along my own Splenda.

Just a hint--those of us who are carrying our own sweeteners on board because DCL's are so bad need to continue to mention that on the comment cards. Maybe they'll eventually get the hint.

My last server said that he has at least one family on each cruise who wants Splenda!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter