• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Iced Coffee in Disney??

We carried the freeze dried Starbucks Via-Italian Roast packets in our pockets, and added one to a cup of ice water. They dissolve with a bit of stirring. Perfect strong flavored iced coffee! :)

They now make "Iced Coffee" via with a hint of sugar! They are so good!

Actually, what was actually better than the faux iced coffee were the cappuccino smoothies at Auntie Gravity's in MK. It actually tasted coffee-like.

Three trips in a row I ordered that, and both the second and third trip I said "oh, right, now I remember, I hated this!"

I will try to not buy it next time.

It is still a little too sweet for me.

I like iced coffee with no sugar, just a splash of cream. The only place in Disney I've found that is good (as in, what I'm used to) is the coffee counter at the Contemporary.

You do know that that IS real Iced Coffee right :)

For me, I was at a Tim Hortons here in Toronto, and I ordered an Ice coffee. The lady took my money then without even moving, or blinking said "I am sorry we are all out of Iced Coffee"

I looked the lady square in the eye and said "Give me a regular cup of coffee, put it in a LARGE cup filled with ice, and Stir." and she responded that she wasn't allowed to do that!!! :confused3
:)
I order venti, americano with ice, almost daily from Starbucks. They have no problem "icing" it down.:thumbsup2

You can also, use less water, but add milk. They're not bad.

I order venti, americano with ice, almost daily from Starbucks. They have no problem "icing" it down.:thumbsup2

You can also, use less water, but add milk. They're not bad.

A venti iced Americano is my regular Starbucks drink, too. Just plain. Delicious, no sugar, and much cheaper than an iced latte. My DD also drinks the iced Americano, with a little milk.

Tim Horton's coffee always tastes burnt to me. Like it's been on the burner too long, or their pots are burned on the bottom and need cleaning. Their iced coffee also tastes burnt.

Tim Horton's coffee always tastes burnt to me. Like it's been on the burner too long, or their pots are burned on the bottom and need cleaning. Their iced coffee also tastes burnt.

That's how DD is to me. Starbucks is my favorite:thumbsup2

I always pack via. It's delicious, and making a cup of it in the room saves time.

All of the little kiosks with Joffrey's coffee have REAL iced coffee...and it's really good. Off the top of my head, I know there is one at the TTC right off the monorail ramp, a couple in EPCOT ( one between Test Track and Ellen and one outside the American pavilion), and one in AK. I spent all of my time looking for them in the am our last trip.:laughing:

I agree, Joffrey's is very good. It took me years to find good coffee at Disney, now I go to these every trip. For good hot coffee I like Boma and Kona Cafe.

:banana: ooooh i'll have to try one when we go! i too am a coffee addict and need to know where my next cup of Joe is coming from!!! :lmao:

My mom is a coffee addict (and goes to Dunkin Donuts every day) and is always disappointed at the lack of iced coffee/good coffee in general at Disney. I remember when we were at the ESPN Club once she made a general comment when we were ordering our drinks, something like "you guys don't have iced coffee, huh?" and our waiter ended up making some just for her. This was in 2006 but if I recall correctly she thought it was really good (and our waiter got a great tip :thumbsup2).
So, I guess it never hurts to ask.

By all account, Dunks in New England makes their iced coffee much stronger than the rest of the country drinks it. Not sure if that is true as I can't stand the stuff personally. There are coffee stands in Epcot by the Millenium Building, by TTC, in AK by Yak & Yeti, in the Contemporary Lobby that sell real coffee instead of Nescafe. But if you are looking for strong iced coffee, you may be out of luck. Unless you buy it the night before and stick it in the mini fridge.....

Wow, I'm from MA and I always thought Dunkin Donuts coffee was rather weak, compared to Starbucks or Seattle's Best or another national chain.

You do know that that IS real Iced Coffee right :)

I also have to disagree with you here. No self-respecting maker of iced coffee would grab hot coffee and just pour it over ice. I've tried that before and it's nasty!:sick: Iced coffee is coffee that has been previously brewed (a little stronger than hot coffee) and has sat in a fridge for a while to completely cool down.

OP: The Swan/Dolphin sells Starbucks coffee, but I'm not sure if they sell it iced. I did get a delicious frozen latte once from the Main St. Bakery in MK....other than that, I have not yet found a good iced coffee in WDW. The nastiest one I tried was a disgusting coffee drink concoction from the French Bakery in Epcot.

Best hot coffee I"ve ever had in WDW is absolutely the Kona Hot Pressed Pot from Kona Cafe at the Poly-wow, that was some fantastic coffee!:cloud9:

It is still a little too sweet for me. I like iced coffee with no sugar, just a splash of cream.

I like mine the same way. I had been using the VIA iced coffee mix, even though it's too sweet for me, but I recently learned the regular VIA dissolves just fine in ice water. So now I use that and add milk. Perfect.

VIA is amazingly good. It's the only instant coffee worth drinking.

Best hot coffee I"ve ever had in WDW is absolutely the Kona Hot Pressed Pot from Kona Cafe at the Poly-wow, that was some fantastic coffee!:cloud9:

Mmm, totally agree. We make a special effort to get the Kona press pot at least once on every trip. So good!

Wow, I'm from MA and I always thought Dunkin Donuts coffee was rather weak, compared to Starbucks or Seattle's Best or another national chain.

I also have to disagree with you here. No self-respecting maker of iced coffee would grab hot coffee and just pour it over ice. I've tried that before and it's nasty!:sick: Iced coffee is coffee that has been previously brewed (a little stronger than hot coffee) and has sat in a fridge for a while to completely cool down.

Yes and no - A lot of coffee shops, including Starbucks, double brews their coffee and pours it over ice. That way, when the ice melts, the coffee doesn't become super diluted. It's actually quite good, and I don't add anything at all to my coffee. I agree that a single brew over ice is disgusting, though!

Has anyone been to the Writer's Stop in DHS? They have real coffee and espresso drinks, as well as yummy pastries (carrot cake cookie anyone?). Not sure about iced coffee but they do have an iced latte.

Sleepy Hollow at the MK has iced coffee. It's probably the same they serve at other standard locations, but I thought it was ok.

I worked at a coffee shop that made their own iced coffee syrup. It was made a very slow drip process. We would hook this thing to a bottle that looked like a giant basket for a coffee maker. On top of that was a big funnel. We would set it up, pour the water in, and then it would take 24 hours for the water to drip through. We put that in bottles and stored in the fridge.

I wonder if Ghirardhelli in DTD serves iced coffee. My favorite place for iced coffee uses their brand of syrups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter