Iced Coffee in Disney??

dvcmom72

Mouseketeer
As I sit here (in MA) sipping my iced coffee from Dunkins (Pumpkin is back! YAY!!)...I started laughing thinking about my last trip to WDW last September when I went into the Writers Stop...I think that's what it's called...in DHS and ordered an iced coffee. They DID have it on the sign so I didn't think it was a big deal to order it. The guy literally looked at me like I had 3 heads and proceeded to pour HOT coffee into a plastic cup of ice. REALLY!?!?!? I'm not the type to make a stink so I paid for it, left, took a sip, and threw it away. Is iced coffee a New England thing?? I'm honestly not sure. Anyway, got me thinking that if ANYONE had the answer as to where to get a decent iced coffee in WDW, it would be here!
Note: this may not be the right forum to ask this but I am interested if there are any places IN the parks...thanks!!
:hippie:

This is so funny!!! I was on a quest for iced coffee for the first 4 days of our trip . I finally found a few places with it on the menu, the first of which was at AK, but it was NOT real iced coffee. It was something that came out of machine, premade, and tasted like cold hot chocolate. I am almost CERTAIN there wasn't any coffee in it at all. Horrible. I learned that if I want iced coffee, I have to put ice, sugar, and milk in my refillable mug and pour in hot coffee.

Actually, what was actually better than the faux iced coffee were the cappuccino smoothies at Auntie Gravity's in MK. It actually tasted coffee-like.

ooohhh...thank you so much! Putting Auntie Gravity's on my list! :banana:
I know, it's been a year and I STILL laugh when I think about that "incident".

All of the little kiosks with Joffrey's coffee have REAL iced coffee...and it's really good. Off the top of my head, I know there is one at the TTC right off the monorail ramp, a couple in EPCOT ( one between Test Track and Ellen and one outside the American pavilion), and one in AK. I spent all of my time looking for them in the am our last trip.:laughing:

All of the little kiosks with Joffrey's coffee have REAL iced coffee...and it's really good. Off the top of my head, I know there is one at the TTC right off the monorail ramp, a couple in EPCOT ( one between Test Track and Ellen and one outside the American pavilion), and one in AK. I spent all of my time looking for them in the am our last trip.:laughing:

NICE...thanks!!! I'll check those out when I get there in EIGHT DAYS!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Cosmic Ray's serves an iced cappuccino beverage. It's not great, but usually hits the spot on a hot afternoon.

Have a great trip, OP!

By all account, Dunks in New England makes their iced coffee much stronger than the rest of the country drinks it. Not sure if that is true as I can't stand the stuff personally. There are coffee stands in Epcot by the Millenium Building, by TTC, in AK by Yak & Yeti, in the Contemporary Lobby that sell real coffee instead of Nescafe. But if you are looking for strong iced coffee, you may be out of luck. Unless you buy it the night before and stick it in the mini fridge.....

There is an iced coffee at the stand in the corner by the Magic Carpets of Alladin in Adventureland. It's not great but after you have been there 5 days or more it tastes wonderful LOL.

The guy literally looked at me like I had 3 heads and proceeded to pour HOT coffee into a plastic cup of ice. REALLY!?!?!?
:hippie:

You do know that that IS real Iced Coffee right :)

For me, I was at a Tim Hortons here in Toronto, and I ordered an Ice coffee. The lady took my money then without even moving, or blinking said "I am sorry we are all out of Iced Coffee"

Their "Iced Coffee" (like most.. but not all... coffee shops iced coffee) is a mix that they add to milk and stir.

I looked the lady square in the eye and said "Give me a regular cup of coffee, put it in a LARGE cup filled with ice, and Stir." and she responded that she wasn't allowed to do that!!! :confused3

I would have loved a coffee like that from Disney though :)

As another New Englander, (and coffee addict,) I have to disagree with this statement. Iced coffee is brewed differently than regular coffee. It is actually brewed a bit stronger, taking into account that it will end up being watered-down by the ice.

I have found that good hot coffee is nearly impossible to find in WDW. You might be really pushing your luck trying to find good iced coffee. ;)

oh ya, I do realize that REAL iced coffee is/was hot coffee...with ice.
But the problem with what this guy did was it left me with a cup of room temperature coffee...the HOT coffee just melted all the ice immediately...it was nasty. :)

Just discovered on my trip last week that the Hess gas stations near MK and near Boardwalk have self-serv Dunkin Donuts counters. If you're driving, that's the place!!

Good coffee of any kind is a nightmare to find at Disney...

and not all iced coffee was hot coffee at one point. This summer I became a fan of cold-brewing my coffee to make iced coffee and it is sooo much better.

Sorry, my coffee snob is showing! :rotfl:

We carried the freeze dried Starbucks Via-Italian Roast packets in our pockets, and added one to a cup of ice water. They dissolve with a bit of stirring. Perfect strong flavored iced coffee! :)

Cosmic Ray's serves an iced cappuccino beverage. It's not great, but usually hits the spot on a hot afternoon.

Doesn't work for those of us who take our DD iced coffee without sugar. As others have said, pouring hot coffee over ice is OK in a pinch but it tends to water down the coffee into something like dishwater. Same goes for iced tea. it must be cooled before it hits the ice to be drinkable.

At WDW I tend to go for the iced tea if I can get it unsweetened. The Royal Anandapour tea kiosk (AK in Asia) has some really great stuff that will give you enough of a caffeine jolt to get you through the day.

Just discovered on my trip last week that the Hess gas stations near MK and near Boardwalk have self-serv Dunkin Donuts counters. If you're driving, that's the place!!

That is fantastic!! Thank you!!
Oh and HI neighbor! I'm in Tewksbury! :goodvibes

I got a really good french vanilla flavored iced coffee at Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom

No offense meant at all, but that is the exact same faux coffee I referenced earlier. I'm sure it's just not what I'm used to. Someone who is used to DD or Starbucks iced coffee would not like the premade Nescafe stuff at the Bakery.

For me, I was at a Tim Hortons here in Toronto, and I ordered an Ice coffee. The lady took my money then without even moving, or blinking said "I am sorry we are all out of Iced Coffee"

Their "Iced Coffee" (like most.. but not all... coffee shops iced coffee) is a mix that they add to milk and stir.

I looked the lady square in the eye and said "Give me a regular cup of coffee, put it in a LARGE cup filled with ice, and Stir." and she responded that she wasn't allowed to do that!!! :confused3

I would have loved a coffee like that from Disney though :)

The only way to drink it this way is if the coffee has been double brewed! If it is just regular coffee it will be way to weak! I love Ice Coffee no cream a little sugar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter