• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice Wine...Where can we find it at DW?

Dizzytime

DIS Veteran
Hoping to try this special treat our next trip, and from what I've found so far, Le Cellier, CA Grill, and Artist Point may have it on their menus. Also see something about Germany, but not sure if they're talking about Biergarten restaurant or the wine shop outside...or both? Also, as you can probably tell (hah!) I'm kind of picking up this info in bits and pieces from forum search, website searches, etc and trying to put it together while realizing what I'm finding may not even be current...

Anybody try it? Like it? Is it REALLY expensive? Know where our choices might be, either Disney restaurants or shops, to find some and try a little with/after a meal (or otherwise) while we're there?

Thanks in advance. Thanks a lot!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

We fell in LOVE with ice wine at the Canada kiosk at the F&W Festival in 2009! If I recall, the bottle for that year was around $55. We make a point to look for ice wine/late harvest wines at festivals and restaurants here at home, though, and you can find bottles less expensive than that.

Back to your question, though, Canada definitely! Not sure about the others.

I would think you'd find it in Germany, but that is only because I've bought it on trips to the REAL Germany not that this helps :lmao:

We did have some at the California Grill and it was like honey! I think we paid $20ish for a glass/snifter and shared it.

I would think you'd find it in Germany, but that is only because I've bought it on trips to the REAL Germany not that this helps :lmao:

They do have it at the Weinkeller in the Germany pavilion. Or, at least they used to.

Definitely Canada, we produce about 75% of the world's ice wine and it is considered top grade. It is expensive because it is rare. The grapes have to experience a hard freeze to -8c (Canadian law) on the vine before they can be picked. So not much is produced. They cost around $50 to $60 for a 375ml bottle. Standard wine bottles are around 750 ml. So yes, expensive.

Remember it's a dessert wine, and quite sweet. IMO the best is Inniskillin Vidal Ice Wine at $50.

Remember it's a dessert wine, and quite sweet. IMO the best is Inniskillin Vidal Ice Wine at $50.

Yes!!! Inniskillin is my personal fave. However, I cannot buy anymore Inniskillin ice wine until I get through my own stash of ice wine that I bottled myself (cost: $16/bottle). We enjoy ice wine when we have company over and serve it with dessert.

On our last trip in March, I found ice wine at Epcot in Cananda and Germany.

If you're going to be renting a car and want to get your Icewine a little cheaper, check out ABC Wine and Liquors on Apopka Vineland just north of Downtown Disney (north of Palm Parkway). They certainly have it for much cheaper than buying it on property.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

I'm sure we'll try it, even a sampler or fight or whatever, just to see if we like it. I understand it's sweet so I'm sure a little will go a long way, but my only experience with sweet is standard desert wines like port and sherry, plus some German late, later, later than later-picking Riesling-style (hah! probably not a great description!!)

I suppose we could just go buy a bottle now, but somehow we've tied it into the excitement of doing new things at Disney World, so we'll wait and have fun with it then.

Hope you all are having a magical weekend!

If you go to the wine shop in Germany (Epcot) you can buy a small glass if you just want to try it. I think the price was around $7 last year for the sample. If you like it you can buy a bottle there also.

If you go to the wine shop in Germany (Epcot) you can buy a small glass if you just want to try it. I think the price was around $7 last year for the sample. If you like it you can buy a bottle there also.

Sounds perfect! We'll be around WS a lot, and will definitely be eating at Biergarten at least once. It's soo good, and love the music there, too!!

Thanks a lot, notaclue!

IMHO (as a patriotic Canadian), you need to stick with Canadian Ice Wine. Germany makes great cars but when it comes to Ice Wine, Canada makes the most and the best. Heck, no one knows ice like us Canadians.:rotfl2:

IMHO (as a patriotic Canadian), you need to stick with Canadian Ice Wine. Germany makes great cars but when it comes to Ice Wine, Canada makes the most and the best. Heck, no one knows ice like us Canadians.:rotfl2:

Tell you what. If we buy a small glass we can take for a walk, we'll head straight to a set of Off Kilter to hear a FANTASTIC musical group as we sip!

:goodvibes

Tell you what. If we buy a small glass we can take for a walk, we'll head straight to a set of Off Kilter to hear a FANTASTIC musical group as we sip!

:goodvibes

It's a deal. But just to set the record straight, Off Kilter are definitely not Canadian.

Try the ice wine before you purchase a bottle. A local vineyard here sells this for about $55 a bottle. The cost is high, but the wine is fantastic!!

I didn't care for the icewine in germany, but i had a glass for desert at shulas last year that was awesome i wish i could remember what kind it was.

It's a deal. But just to set the record straight, Off Kilter are definitely not Canadian.

Shoot, I thought so! It's the bag pipe-thing that should have given it away, right?! Oh well. Now, for our 'total cultural immersion' experience, we may just have to make our first ever ADR at Le Cellier. Wanted to all along, but the more recent mixed revues made me have second thoughts. But I really want to go to try the famous Canadian dish 'Wild Mushroom Risotto' with my Canadian Filet Migon!! Now that's sounds like good stuff!!

Thanks again to all for your helpful input. I really do appreciate it!

Aside from Canada, I'm pretty sure I've had ice wine at Flying Fish before.

I was at the Flying Fish maybe a year or so ago and they had an ice wine flight that was fantastic. I don't remember the price, but I think I have a picture of the ice wine selections that I took (just in case I got ambitious and decided to buy a bottle later) if you'd be interested in checking it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter