Ice Skating at WDW ?!?!

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
As part of “Frozen Summer Fun” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Oaken’s Frozen Funland at Soundstage One will feature a frozen pond where Guests can go ice skating. Skating sessions are $10 for 30 minutes on the ice, including the use of ice skates, socks, and a helmet. Guests can also bring their own equipment.

Oaken’s Frozen Funland will be open daily from park opening to 8:00pm. Between Guest skating sessions, there will be brief ice skating demonstrations throughout the day. Guests will need to visit Oaken’s Frozen Funland to reserve their spot for that day, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Skating availability may also be limited to the sizing of skates. Waivers for all Guests are required and minors must have an adult/responsible party age 18 or older present to sign for them.

Indeed - my girlfriend wants to take the opportunity to go skating, which I've never done. If there's no trip report update on my blog within the next week, it's because I broke something skating, more than likely. :lmao:

I assume this will be one of those synthetic surfaces like the "ice" skating pond at HNY at Disneyland Paris?

I assume this will be one of those synthetic surfaces like the "ice" skating pond at HNY at Disneyland Paris?

It's really ice. A Zamboni is used to smooth the ice after each 30 minute skating session. Disney even hired figure skaters to give demos each hour.

This is pretty cool (no pun intended). I can only imagine how many twisted ankles and bumps and bruises guests will leave with, though! ;)

I'm pretty sure there was once ice skating at DTD during Christmas. Years and years ago now.

This is pretty cool (no pun intended). I can only imagine how many twisted ankles and bumps and bruises guests will leave with, though! ;)

I'm pretty sure there was once ice skating at DTD during Christmas. Years and years ago now.

yes there was! I did it back in the day. I'm guessing it was 1996-1997ish?

It's really ice. A Zamboni is used to smooth the ice after each 30 minute skating session. Disney even hired figure skaters to give demos each hour.

Hey! I wanna drive the Zamboni! (sing along, everyone)

Think I can get a FP+ to drive it? :drive:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter