• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ice packs post shoulder surgery on DCL

carnationkila

Earning My Ears
I need opinions. I need to put ice on my shoulder at least once/day, usually before bed but also if I strain it too much. I emailed DCL and they said put it in the freezer section of our stateroom fridge.
#! As I recall, the fridge is less then a minifridge, not too cold with a barely noticeable freezer compartment (actually I don't remember a freezer compartment). My ice pack is one of those wonderful 10" x 15" blue gel pads that wraps real well around my shoulder. I wonder if it can be stored in nurses office freezer or should I bring the icepacks I need to fill with ice from soda fountain? Anyone have any experience with this?

How long do you need to ice your shoulder each day ?

Could you use an instant ice pack ? The kind you "pop" and it gets cold instantly.

They only stay cold for 5 or 10 minutes, but they are pretty cold during that time.

I bought a bunch for less than $0.50 each and brought them to WDW in June to cool off during the hottest part of the day.

Enjoy your cruise :)

I think I can help with this post. I suffer from chronic migraines and always bring a soft sided rectangular ice pack with me on board By itself in the mini fridge, no it will not stay as cold as you would want it to. Here's what you need to do. Bring gallon sized ziplocks with you. Ask your stateroom host to provide you with ice every evening (morning too if you want). They will fill your bucket while you are at dinner time. Take the ice and put it into the gallon zip lock and then double bag it in another gallon ziplock. Put that in the bottom of the fridge or the wire rack, then put your own ice pack on top of this. If it were me and it was post surgery, then I would do double ice bags and put your pack in between them. It really will keep your ice pack nice and cold. I would ask the host for additional ice nin the morning then you can repeat the process to keep your ice pack cold and use it during the day if needed. This worked great for me! Good luck with you recovery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter