Ice Cream Suggestions...and More

Our favorite is the ice cream sandwich at the bakery on main st. There is nothing low fat about it!

Not ice cream but high fat content if the recipe I looked up is correct - try the zebra domes at AKV They are made with heavy cream and chocolate. They have them at Mara.

If you want a delicious fat filled dessert at BLT- go up to the TOTWL and have the 7 layer cake for 2- it is amazing (and we ate it together and had a full serving leftover for each of us (it is like 1/6 of a cake). It is the most amazing chocolate cake I have had- it has 2 thin layers of dark chocolate cake, 2 layers of cream milk chocolate and carmel with some crunchies in it, 2 layers of a white chocolate cake, and a thick ganache frosting with a floret of carmel cream on top.

I love cake and I usually can figure out initials, but what is BLT TOTWL?

To the original poster, don't forget the delicious milkshakes at 50's Primetime Cafe at DHS. Also I think the restaurant at Wilderness Lodge serves bottomless milkshakes. You could ride the boat from MK over there and have dinner there. Make reservations though. It's a table service.

Where do I start:thumbsup2
Ghiradellis at DTD get s my vote for best on property
Plaza at MK has a limited variety, but Mint Choc. Chip between two warm Nestle Choc.Chip cookies as a ice cream sandwich...mmmmmmm
Beaches and Cream...nothing else needs to be said
For a quick fix there is a ice cream place in Epcot(Name slips my mind) near Club Cool that we like as well
And a 50s PTC PB&J milkshake is wonderful. If you dont have ressies, got to the lounge and they will get you one to go

Have fun discovering them all!

I love cake and I usually can figure out initials, but what is BLT TOTWL?

To the original poster, don't forget the delicious milkshakes at 50's Primetime Cafe at DHS. Also I think the restaurant at Wilderness Lodge serves bottomless milkshakes. You could ride the boat from MK over there and have dinner there. Make reservations though. It's a table service.

BLT- Bay Lake Tower

TOTWL- Top of the World Lounge- an area for DVC members staying with their membership at BLT only- it is a lounge that is open in the evenings serving drinks, appetizers, and desserts and it doesn't take the DDP at all- but it does use TIW.

Wow... do you have a picture of it by any chance. You're making me drool...

Found this on Flickr, fits the description provided by rlovew. Yowza...

5807127955_30021b4017.jpg

I would recommend the following locations.

Seashore Sweets which is located the Boardwalk Inn & Villas.

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop which is located at Downtown Disney Marketplace.

I'm a pastry chef, so believe me when I say I love ice cream.

HOWEVER, I understand there are limits. So - when you are sick of ice cream everyday, for whatever reason, eat some cheese :-) Sometimes a bit of savory is all you need. I'd suggest the cheese sampler at the Rose and Crown Pub Dining Room or bar. Sometimes something a bit salty and fatty is the perfect counterpart to something sweet and fatty!

Ghirardelli: THE CABLE CAR my brother got me hooked on this marshmallow chocolate & fudge sundae :cloud9:

The Plaza has an amazing banana split :banana:

@ the Magic Kingdom you'll find the famous ice cream sandwich I think @ MSB
I have never attempted to eat ANY of these treats on my own. They are HUGE to say the least. Plenty of fat too.;)

I sincerely hope everything is ok, health wise. :hug: Have an amazing vacation.

Oops, sorry! Should have finished reading the thread before I started posting links! This is the same picture posted on page 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter