Ice cream social question

wishuponastarforever

<font color=deeppink>I just love coming here and v
Does anyone know anything about the funny, informal, rehitching ceremony? I think it's done at the Land during the ice cream social. Is this for real or am I making things up in my sleep?
Thanks ahead for anyone who knows????:p

We did this rehitching ceremony during our lunch at the Garden Grill. It was really cute... all the servers and hostesses came to our table to witness it. Some people have said that characters came to their table too, but we weren't that lucky. They do some quick "I do's", and have you kiss to the count of 100 (they count 1-10, and then by 10's up to 100). We got a certificate saying we had been rehitched and in place of the usual dessert, we got a cake.

We thought it was really fun and would suggest it to anybody who doesn't mind being the center of attention for a couple of minutes (they announce it to the whole restaurant).

The funniest part of it for us was when they asked what those two little words we had said on our wedding day were, my DH sais "help me?" That got a good laugh out of everybody.

I'm not sure if they do this during the ice cream social, but it would be worth a call to find out.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much belluvr - how did you arrange this? Do you call the PS number or other numer. I think it would be fun to surprise my DH. Thanks alot!!;)

We called 407-WDW-DINE and told them that we wanted to get PS for Garden Grill and told them we wanted the re-hitching ceremony... I've heard people mention that the CM's don't always know what you're talking about and to tell them to just please make a note on the PS. Just remind the CM's at the check-in desk at Garden Grill to make sure they remember it.

Hope you enjoy yourself! We'd love to hear about it when you get back!

Cheers!

It is important to mention it at the check-in desk at Garden Grill to make sure they remember it, I didn't because I wanted it to be a surpise for my husband and did not get the ceremony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter