• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice cream sandwiches?

kkbrig

Mouseketeer
One of our favorite WDW snacks is the ice cream sandwich from Main Street Bakery made from fresh cookies and ice cream. I've read that starbucks has taken it over and the food is all different. I wanted to check and verify this. If this is true, is there another place that they may now sell these? How about the cinnamon rolls?

1) The items are different.
2) The old recipes are not available anywhere else of which I am aware.
3) As an example, several places sell cinn rolls, but none as good as the Main Street Bakery.

Gaston's Tavern has the closest thing to the Main Street Bakery's cinnamon rolls. Not exactly the same, but still pretty huge and as close as you'll get in the parks. We use the MSB recipe at home now when we need a real "fix," but Gaston's is a worthy alternative when in the park.

As for the ice cream sandwiches, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor has them with the option of whatever ice cream flavor you want (and, occasionally, a different cookie option, but typically chocolate chip). Sleepy Hollow is limited to vanilla, I think, but still quite good if that's the flavor you wanted anyway.

The ice cream sandwiches at the ice cream parlor were great. DD always gets one and she thought it was the same thing really

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv44%3Dot%3E2376%3D338%3D%3A28%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A%3A%3B%3B6754923%3Aot1lsi

@kkbrig The ice cream sandwich (customized to your liking) from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor was exactly the same one as the main street bakery! so good, and so huge!

I will only get my ice cream sandwich cookies at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor because you can pick out the ice cream you want instead of just having vanilla. My favorite is the mint chocolate chip ice cream with the chocolate chip cookies....Soooo good!!!!!! :cloud9:

One of our favorite WDW snacks is the ice cream sandwich from Main Street Bakery made from fresh cookies and ice cream. I've read that starbucks has taken it over and the food is all different. I wanted to check and verify this. If this is true, is there another place that they may now sell these? How about the cinnamon rolls?
Just had one Monday, still a great gut bomb, mmmmgood

Are the cookies soft? I've never actually had one of these but always wanted to try one. I just don't have anyone to share it with and they're so big! If the cookies are soft though maybe I'll try one anyway. Or get a scoop and a cookie and my own half-wich! :idea:

Tried it once. We ate the ice cream with a spoon and broke off cookie pieces, cause we thought the cookie was way too hard.

We have gotten them at Dino-Bite snacks in AK. Don't know if they're exactly the same, but they are made with fresh chocolate chip cookies and scooped ice cream. They're huge and very good:thumbsup2

It's not a cookie based ice cream sandwich, but you're interested in trying something different, I highly recommend the Chocolate Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich at L'Artisan des Glaces in the French pavilion. Unfortunately, you cannot select your choice of icre cream flavors, but it's still really good.

We have gotten them at Dino-Bite snacks in AK. Don't know if they're exactly the same, but they are made with fresh chocolate chip cookies and scooped ice cream. They're huge and very good:thumbsup2

Dino-Bites...it's the same as the ice cream sandwich at The Main St Bakery. It's great. Enough almost for a family to share.

Sleepy Hollow- my DH loved the ice cream sandwich. I got the kids waffles and he saw someone getting the ice cream sandwich and said that is what he was getting. Said it was the best one he ever had.

Tried it once. We ate the ice cream with a spoon and broke off cookie pieces, cause we thought the cookie was way too hard.
That's what I was afraid of. I like 'em soft! Even if they're fresh, if they're hard I'd rather pass and find another goody

1) The items are different.
2) The old recipes are not available anywhere else of which I am aware.
3) As an example, several places sell cinn rolls, but none as good as the Main Street Bakery.

Stale and dry is "as good as the Main Street Bakery" Sorry I tried that cinnamon roll once and wound up throwing 90% of it away Starbucks seems to have better quality IMHO.

Last time I got one at Sleepy Hollow you also had a couple ice cream choices. I've also purchased at POP Century's food court. One of my favorite vacation treats! Sometimes the cookies are soft, sometimes not - just a luck of the draw, I'm afraid :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter