ice cream cookie sandwich question?

momtotwins

Mouseketeer
I know at main street bakery you can get the ice cream cookie sandwich as a snack but are you allwod to get it as a dessert on the dining plan?

As far as I know you can't get the ice cream cookie sandwich from Main St Bakery anymore as a snack. My parents were just there and couldn't get it. I think there are a few places that you can still get it as a snack but am not sure where but would love to know for when I go in November. Do not know about dessert option.

As far as I know you can't get the ice cream cookie sandwich from Main St Bakery anymore as a snack. My parents were just there and couldn't get it. I think there are a few places that you can still get it as a snack but am not sure where but would love to know for when I go in November. Do not know about dessert option.

Oh wow! That is so strange that your parents couldn't get one with a snack credit.

My friend is at Disney right now (been there since last Saturday) and has gotten the ice cream sandwich cookie at Main Street bakery on a snack credit 4 different times during her trip.

It is no longer available for a snack credit at Sleepy Hollow at MK, Dino Bites at AK or at Fountainview at Epcot but it is available as of right now at Main Street Bakery (or at least it was for my friend):rotfl:

I hope it is still a snack credit when I get there in December :love:

We were there last week - we went to the Main Street Bakery for the ice cream cookie sandwich. The sign on the counter shows the ice cream cookie sandwich, but it does not have the DP symbol on it. I asked the girl behind the counter if I could get it as a snack credit and she said no, it was over the $4.00 limit. I asked "are you sure" she then asked another CM behind the counter who also said "no" but then asked the cashier who said "yes" and we got our ice cream cookie sandwich as a snack credit.

We then stopped 2 mores time during the week and I just ordered the ice cream cookie sandwich and took it to the counter and told them "snack credit" and had no problems.

We tried to get the same ice cream cookie sandwich at the Fountain ice cream place at EPCOT and was told "no" by everyone there.

Good luck - it seems to be hit or miss - but I can tell you that even if you have to pay OOP it was well worth it.

Just FYI, but the $4 rule doesn't always apply. We had sundaes at Mrs Potts in MK, the price was over $4 and it was a snack credit. I would always ask.

Now the ice cream sandwich at POFQ is 4.99 and is not a snack or dessert.

I didn't try to get an ice cream cookie sandwich at Magic Kingdom, but did try at Hollywood Scoops at HS and they would not let me get one. My DD also tried at the food court at All Star Music and they would not let her either.

We did get several $4.19 smoothies at various locations with a snack credit with no problems.

We used snack credits for ice cream sandwiches multiple times at Sleepy Hollow in December and it is still listed on the DDP 2011 snacks thread stickie above. I would try there if you strike out at MSB.

last two times we were at MS Bakery (jan & Feb of this year) people were being turned down for ice cream cookie sandwich...at the cashier. The guy in front of me the 2nd time actually just left three ice cream cookie-sandwiches there on the counter -- he wasn't going to pay cash for them. The item does not have the purple DP icon on the menu, either, as others have mentioned.

But people keep reporting they have gotten them recently as a snack credit. Only question I have is was it really rung up as a snack credit or was it charged to their room?:confused3

POFQ took them off the snack menu more than a year ago...we heard the cashier tell someone it would be THREE snack credits to get one: each cookie is one credit each, and ice cream is one credit=3 credits. Person was in total disbelief because previous year her family had got them every day for a mid-afternoon after-pool snack.

I'm going to try this out in a couple of weeks...will report back.:woohoo:

Yeah I guess it is really hit or miss now. I am going to ask everywhere until I get one when I go. I MUST eat one of those :) Would be good right about now as well.

Yeah I guess it is really hit or miss now. I am going to ask everywhere until I get one when I go. I MUST eat one of those :) Would be good right about now as well.

Me too!:thumbsup2

I bet by the time I get there in December they will make sure the it is posted everywhere "THE ICE CREAM COOKIE SANDWICH IS NOT A SNACK CREDIT ANY LONGER!" :rotfl:

I will definitely try MSB and Sleepy Hollow from the earlier poster. I had thought that Sleepy Hollow had taken the ICCS off their snack credit list but I guess not:goodvibes

All we can do is try and if I can't get it as a snack credit, I will make sure that I have a little stash cash for this amazing snack :cloud9:

But people keep reporting they have gotten them recently as a snack credit. Only question I have is was it really rung up as a snack credit or was it charged to their room?:confused3

Last week, we used snack credits, nothing was ever charged to our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter