Ice Coffee?!

MikeNames

Earning My Ears
HI Dis'ers

The family and I will be staying at RPR in about 2 weeks. The GF and I are big coffee drinkers but with it being so warm, hot coffee isn't a great option. Does anybody know of any places on RPR grounds that we can get Iced Coffee? I'm sure Starbucks at City Walk does but this will be before we ever make it over there. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

is there any difference that you just put some ice cubes in your coffee......

obviously, i don't drink ice coffee.......:D

i'm a coffee drinker in any temp of weather.
in the parks and it's 90's, i still order hot coffee.

I dont mind as much as my GF, albeit it doesnt taste the same but still i could get by. I'm thinking that may be the only option though.

hope you find places where you can get ice coffee for gf.

happy gf
happy life....

No kidding... Luckily her Mom lives close by and is staying with us for a few days. she is going to bring it from the local market :)

LOL this is how iced coffee is made but usually they let the coffee sit at room temperature or refrigerate it after brewed, since if you add ice cubes to hot coffee it won't be iced coffee for long ;)

OP - the RPR web site says this about the Bula Ice Cream Shop at RPR: If it’s caffeine you crave, we are now serving Starbucks® regular, decaf and iced coffee.

Not sure if they're open in the mornings for coffee or what, but they usually have limited hours. Orchid Lounge may have some as well.

LOL this is how iced coffee is made but usually they let the coffee sit at room temperature or refrigerate it after brewed, since if you add ice cubes to hot coffee it won't be iced coffee for long ;)

OP - the RPR web site says this about the Bula Ice Cream Shop at RPR: If it’s caffeine you crave, we are now serving Starbucks® regular, decaf and iced coffee.

Not sure if they're open in the mornings for coffee or what, but they usually have limited hours. Orchid Lounge may have some as well.
Obviously, i wasn't under the impression that they freeze dried it with liquid nitrogen lol. Still it tastes watery when you just pour the scolding hot coffee over ice, i do it at work all the time lol.

This is perfect, thank you very much!!! :)

Obviously, i wasn't under the impression that they freeze dried it with liquid nitrogen lol. Still it tastes watery when you just pour the scolding hot coffee over ice, i do it at work all the time lol.

LOL it does taste watery, which makes it taste different. I agree! Just was explaining to macraven how they make iced coffee "normally" :thumbsup2

LOL it does taste watery, which makes it taste different. I agree! Just was explaining to macraven how they make iced coffee "normally" :thumbsup2
At least you get it.... and i looked at the hours for Bula Ice Cream and they are late in the day. Looks like we will be going with the hot coffee over ice haha. Thanks for all the responses.

I've never had iced coffee.

I don't like iced tea.........so assumed I wouldn't like iced coffee...........maybe I should try it.

I'm a seasonal guy with my coffee. Winters need to have hot and summers Iced. I remember when i was young and the first time we came to Florida my mother had asked for an iced coffee and they looked at her like she was insane... at least I'm not getting that treatment haha...

Believe it or not we folk who live in S Florida drink hot coffee :) And I agree, hot coffee over ice would be too watered down.

I'm a seasonal guy with my coffee. Winters need to have hot and summers Iced. I remember when i was young and the first time we came to Florida my mother had asked for an iced coffee and they looked at her like she was insane... at least I'm not getting that treatment haha...
My mom has the same story from our first trip in the 80s haha. You'd think they'd have had it there first!

OP, I hear you on the iced coffee. I almost prefer iced coffee even in the winter. If your room has a fridge you could maybe brew it the night before and stick it in the fridge over night and add ice in the morning. I know it isn't the same but it may get you through. Is RPR the Royal Pacific at Universal? We stayed at the Hard Rock and our room had a Keurig~ if RPR does maybe you could bring your favorite K-cups and brew those the night before and refrigerate until morning and add ice.

OP, I hear you on the iced coffee. I almost prefer iced coffee even in the winter. If your room has a fridge you could maybe brew it the night before and stick it in the fridge over night and add ice in the morning. I know it isn't the same but it may get you through. Is RPR the Royal Pacific at Universal? We stayed at the Hard Rock and our room had a Keurig~ if RPR does maybe you could bring your favorite K-cups and brew those the night before and refrigerate until morning and add ice.

Thats actually not a bad idea... i wouldnt mind letting the coffee cool i the fridge first. much better than pouring over ice! thanks.

I grabbed a venti iced coffee on my way back to our room every night and stuck it in the fridge for the next am.

Are you driving or can stop at a store? Get those Starbucks Ice Coffee bottles at the Grocery store and bring them with you to store in the resort fridge. Bring your own cup and add ice from the ice machine and poor over. To me those Starbuck bottles are like dessert in a bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter