• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice at Vistana Resorts

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
I know that the info on vistana resorts says refrigerator with ice maker. Does this make enough ice to fill a cooler or are there free ice machines available on property?

This is your standard refrigerator ice maker. It would not make enough to fill a cooler. We bring along a few ice trays because it tends not to fill up fast enough for our thirsty family of six. We also usually keep a bowl of ice in the freezer as the trays freeze up.

For the cooler, I freeze water in 2 liter soda bottles or plastic milk jugs and use them in the cooler. They stay frozen longer than ice cubes. You could still throw a ziplock baggie of ice cubes in if you just wanted some for drinks. If the cooler is smaller, you could use the smaller water bottles to freeze. The refrigerators are full size, so plenty of room.

I've never run into an ice machine at the resort, but there might be one. You could call and ask them.

Sheila

Another suggestion is what we do, is freeze ice then bag it in ziplock bags and store it in the freezer. YOu can really collect alot over the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter