IASW is open!! Annnnd has a long wait

awdsmama

DIS Veteran
A friend that is in the park today with her family just text me:

IASW opened 15 minutes ago and already has a 2hr wait

Unfortunately this is their last park day so it's unlikely they will get to ride it this trip.

Any word on what they did during renovations? I hope you make it on today for a ride before you leave :goodvibes

I rode it Thursday, and for the life of me, I have no idea what the
Improvements are. There is a big 50 on the front of the ride.. They were also filming out the front .

Don't think they did anything substantiall that guests can see. Most of ithe work is behind the scenes.

...a 2 hour wait for IASM?? :eek: They're already getting 15 minutes of my life, I wouldn't give them 2 hours more. Hopefully wait times will be more manageable in a few weeks.

A friend that is in the park today with her family just text me:

IASW opened 15 minutes ago and already has a 2hr wait

Unfortunately this is their last park day so it's unlikely they will get to ride it this trip.

Umm Silly question for someone who hasn't been there yet but going in June...what does IASW stand for. :) Thanks! :confused3

I don't think they've done anything substantial...in fact I read somewhere that they only reopened it just for the 50th celebration and plan on closing it again in a couple days to keep working. :confused3 When I rode the train in March I saw that the facade needed a serious paint job, I know that much.

It’s the 50th anniversary of IASW, so that may be the reason the lines are so long. Also, they were filming yesterday to celebrate the anniversary and because Richard Sherman, the composer of the “It’s a Small World” song, was there singing. From what I heard IASW is open for a limited time, BUT the refurb list doesn’t mentioning it closing anytime soon. Hopefully it stays open for Spring Break and that they lines get back to normal by then.

HTH,

Kriss pirate:

it's only open until April 21st (20th?). Sorry, can't remember which the CM told me. It was re-opened mid-refurb due to the 50th anniversary.

If you have not seen the global sing-a-long that took place on Good Morning America yesterday, search online for it. It was pretty cool.

Any guesses how much Disney had to pay to Anaheim to be able to shoot off fireworks at 6am? :rotfl:

Excited to ride it's a small world again before it closes. I've missed it.

- Dreams

This might sound totally dumb on my part, but if it is IASW's 50th Anniversary (that Disney has known about all along), wouldn't you think they would have done the refurb earlier so it could be open during the whole year of its 50th anniversary? :confused3 Or did the schedule run over or was it a major breakdown? You'd think they would have scheduled the refurb earlier in 2013 to prepare....

This might sound totally dumb on my part, but if it is IASW's 50th Anniversary (that Disney has known about all along), wouldn't you think they would have done the refurb earlier so it could be open during the whole year of its 50th anniversary? :confused3 Or did the schedule run over or was it a major breakdown? You'd think they would have scheduled the refurb earlier in 2013 to prepare....

Yeah, I don't understand it at all either. I don't think the schedule ran over, it was just very poor planning on their part. It bothers me that the've been going on and on an on about IASW's 50th for at least a month now over on the Parks Blog, and yet the original has been closed since January.

It's on the refurb list to close again the end of April through the end of May. Is that still happening? I was assuming it'd be closed for my upcoming trip.

It opened on April 22, 1964 (my birthday). I hope it will be open between April 28 and May 3 - when I am there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter