I95 Rocky Mount or Fayettville? Help!

Emme

DIS Veteran
We are driving to WDW in April and are stopping in Florence SC on the way down (11 hours from here). Now, we have always gone to Myrtle Beach on our way back for a quick trip but this time we are heading straight back to NY.

Where would we be about 10 hours from WDW heading north on I95? Fayettville NC or Rocky Mount? Help...

Also, where do we stay? I would like to stay where someone else has actually stayed and it was clean and safe.

Thanks!

Emmy

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn in Fayetteville (continental breakfast). It's a nice location, just off the highway with gas stations nearby and a Shoney's next door to the motel.

We've stayed in Rocky Mount a couple of times. Once at the Marriott Residence Inn, very nice but a little expensive. Didn't have a ressie and pulled in and they were the only motel to have a room. Stayed at the Comfort Inn also. Both were very nice. If you book early enough the comfort Inn wasn't to bad. First time we stayed we were worried we wouldn't get a room, so we booked early and was glad because when we checked in they were turning people away. At this exit there is a Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Marriott Residence Inn, Comfort Inn. Also there was an Outback Steakhiuse. There was a Hospital accross the street from the hotels. and we didn't feel like we were aver in danger of anything

On our beach trips, we've stayed in the Fairfield Inn in Rocky Mount the night before our arrival at the beach. It's across the street from a shopping mall/area, so there's a big selection of dining options available. The rooms have always been clean and the rates reasonable. There's also an outdoor pool. Of course, you've also got the free continental breakfast in the morning.

I can't recall which exit this is off of, but you do have to drive a mile or two to the Fairfield. IMHO, it's worth it.

HTH!

We are going in March and also live in the NY area. I have res. at a Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids NC. I have always stayed at Hampton Inns. They are very nice and not too expensive. It is 11 hours from Orlando and right off I-95 exit 173. Hope this helps and have a great vacation.

Maur62,
Just wanted to give you a little warning about the Hampton Inn in Roanoke Rapids. We also made reservations to stay there on our drive home from Disney. We got a late start leaving Orlando and didn't arrive at the hotel until 1:00am. Upon arriving, we were really disappointed to discover that this wasn't a typical(fairly new) Hampton Inn. This one was obviously an old motel that had been converted to a Hampton. Instead of inside corridors, this Hampton had the entrance doors on the outside, like a motel. The room was furnished nicely and was clean but still had kind of an old look to it. The sink was right outside the bathroom and the bathroom itself was really small and again, old looking. It was ok for a night but next time we drive down, we'll stay somewhere else.
Have a great trip

Joan

Thanks jh123 for the info. I already changed my reservation. We will stay at Fairfield Inn ,Emporia VA. Does anyone have info on this hotel. It sounds nice but you never know!!! Thanks again for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter