I wouldn't stay at a Value / Moderate / Deluxe Resort because....

Probably never stay in a deluxe because of the price...just can't justify it. Especially to mostly just sleep there...go to WDW to spend time in the parks.

I wouldn't stay mod because as a pp stated the price is close to deluxe while the ammenities aren't.

I've stayed value and loved it (POP) although we only were in our room to sleep.

I am staying deluxe next year because we LOVE Epcot :love: and can't wait to be able to walk there every evening, we plan to spend a lot more time at our resort this visit (making use of SAB), and we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary.

I'm glad Disney has so many options so everyone can find something they love!

I wont stay at a deluxe anymore because Pop was great and way cheaper!! Plus the food court kicks butt!!

We wouldn't stay "value" we did (POP) once because had no choice and won't do it again.We just can't get past when we opened the door to the room and it hit the bed.Boy are those rooms really small. As soon as they had availability we transferred to the BC. While checking into the BC one of the front desk managers said to us when "Disney says value they mean value"....To each his own...:thumbsup2

Can I cheat?

I wouldn't stay offsite because I love the convenience of Disney Transportation....and hate driving on vacation :goodvibes

I have not yet stayed at any, but my guess from previous hotel stays around the country, is that I just dont spend enough time using the Deluxe features and amenities.

All Disney hotels have the KTTW and Mousekeeping, all have the room deliveries and Magical Express and buses/mono to get places, extra magic hours .. I just don't see the point if I will be showering and sleeping there at most.

<--- single guy.

I'd stay anywhere rather than not go. :rotfl:

Right there with you!! I've only stayed at deluxe and moderate so far, but I wouldn't even think twice about agreeing to stay at a value. If it gets me to WDW, I'm there!!!

This thread is a train wreck waiting to happen and definitely an inflammatory question, no matter what you say your intent is.

It will just turn into a class warfare thing. If you are new to the DIS, as your # of posts suggest, you might want to pick a less incendiary topic in your first 25 posts.

You need to relax and not tell people what threads they can or can't create.

If this thread does turn into a train wreck, it's not the OP's fault, but rather, is the fault of others who are unable to refrain from making sarcastic or derogatory comments.

I stay at Deluxes because I've been spoiled and I just can't seem to go back to a moderate. Seriously, that one week at the WL was a gateway drug. LOL. I know at some point, we will have to (and I know the kids will adore Animation Suites), but everytime I book a mod (have yet to try a value), I always end up scrounging up the extra dough and staying at a Deluxe. I just love everything about them with proximity to parks, immersion in the theme, decor, inside corridors, and restaurants being the main draws.

Of course, we aren't park commando people and use the resort as more than just a place to crash. I'm a SAHM that never goes anywhere :-)P), so I love the feel of the deluxes.

Though I have thought about staying at POP for our next trip after this one. I've heard it's a great resort. I know my husband and his wallet will be happy. LOL.

I haven't been yet but...

If it was my family and I, we wouldn't stay at a Value or most Moderates. With each of the two boys in the family being over six feet tall, double beds just wouldn't work for us! A double bed BARELY fits my brother when he sleeps diagonally! :lmao:

I wouldn't stay in a Value Resort because I do not care for the theming, outdoor corridors, lack of table service restaurant, lack of slide in pool, double beds and transportation options to parks.

I wouldn't stay at a value or mod (nothing wrong with them, just my choice). We love the deluxe and especially the 2 bedroom villas for the 4 of us. I like the convenience of being close to the parks, indoor corridors, and all the amenties. We have been to Disney enough now that we spend more time at the resort enjoying the pools, etc.

I haven't stayed at a value because we are usually able to get good deals on mods or deluxes through my sister since she's a CM.

I'm honestly not sure if I would stay at a value for pretty much the first reason tinkbyday mentioned. The big bright oversized themeing kind of bugs me (especially Pop - I know people love it, but the whole idea just kind of turns me off). Also the horror stories of the sports groups that seem to populate those resorts scares me off. Who knows...maybe one day I'll end up in a value. But for now I'll stick with my mods and deluxes.

I will no longer stay at a Value or Moderate resort since the cute little lizard I saw on my last trip to POFQ just could not compare to the Giraffes and Zebras I watched on my previous trip to AKL.

All kidding aside, I was always a Moderate gal and loved Dixie Landings (POR), Port Orleans (POFQ) and Caribbean Beach. (Never did care for Coronado but that was due to its designation as a convention hotel). I did stay once at All Star Music (on a real shoe-string of a trip) and it was fine. Still felt the Disney magic but found the room a bit cramped. If that was the only option financially (as in stay at a Value or don't get to go), I'm sure I'd be just fine at any of the Values.

I enjoyed Polynesian and Contemporary (in the old days before Disney built the different tiers) but never could justify the expense after they built the Moderates. Then, Disney built Animal Kingdom Lodge. I fell head over heels in love. On another low price trip, I tried to go back to my beloved POFQ but just missed the beauty of AKL and watching the animals from my own balcony. I'm a lot older now too and don't do the parks at the same pace. Spend a lot more time in the hotel room so comfort and amenities at the hotel are more important.

This thread is a train wreck waiting to happen and definitely an inflammatory question, no matter what you say your intent is.

It will just turn into a class warfare thing. If you are new to the DIS, as your # of posts suggest, you might want to pick a less incendiary topic in your first 25 posts.

How many post SHOULD one have before asking anything other then "who has the best pillows?" I hate how anytime someone new comes here and posts they get the whole '"its a troll" ....why cant someone have a good question(or complaint),do a search for a wdw boards and find this one? This is why this place has become so nasty.

BACK ON SUBJECT....I would stay at any wdw resort...there may be little issues every now and then at all of them but I love all the wdw resort from value to deluxe...I have stayed at all of them except for WL and I will stay there too one day :)

I wouldn't stay at a value because there is no way DH and I will share a double bed on vacation for a whole week! If we stay Mod, we book a king room. If we stay Deluxe, we'll request a king room but if we don't get it, we're at least sharing a queen bed.

I wouldn't stay in a value because we do spend quite a bit of time in our rooms, because we like the extra space, because of the transportation options (boat and monorail), and because I don't care about the theme or a large food court. But I'm awfully glad the values are there so people whose wants/needs/favorites are different from mine also have a perfect place to stay, and we're all happy! :thumbsup2

I don't think the OP intended on it being a "class thing". It's really about preference, money or not. HOW you choose to spend your money and your time...and what is the MOST important to you.

That said...I CHOOSE to stay in a deluxe because I use the amenities provided such as the great pools, convenient transportation and nice restaurants. I stayed in Coronado once and thought the resort was nice, but didn't care for how far my room was from the main area. That's what makes Disney so great. So many choices to please everyone.

I wouldn't stay in a value because they tend to be noisy, they don't have restaurants and I'm not wild about the theming.

By the way, I base this on my experiences at the Allstars. I haven't ruled out Pop Century.

I've only stayed at a Value (POP) and enjoyed it very much. I would love to stay at Mods or Deluxes or Villas (and that will happen). I know there is a HUGE difference between all of them. Just not having a coffee maker in our POP room was brutal. We actually bought one at WM for $15, well worth it. My sis just came back from the Poly (was awesome). The cost was ALOT but she deemed worth it as they would not do that every trip. Has anyone ever stayed at all levels of resorts multiple times at different times of the year. I would think it comes down to:

A. How much you go to the World?
2. What your lifestyle is in real life?
and d. What type of "park people" are you? commando, resort, etc..

I'm wondering because I would think at the busier times of the year a Mod or Deluxe would be much better then a Value. At the same time, when it's not so busy a Value would work out just fine. I know each resort gives a different experience and I'm up for trying them all, even FW campgrounds. I'm a wdwinfo nut/ disboard nut/ all around Disney nut. Got the bug a year and a half ago and apparently only actually going to the World gives you the fix you need. WOW, now I sound like a Disney junkie (I hate these drug references, I cannot compare them but from all the talk it seems like this is what it's like). I feel that when life is throwing lemons, I can come here and find the recipe for the BEST lemonade in the world. But I'm glad Disney offers so many types of resorts. Now go and njoy your trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter