I would like to

PandaBear & Boo

Second star to the right straight on til morning
I would like to use traveller cheques on my room key so that I can have charging privileges. How do I go about doing that and is there a specific amount that is required? When I do have charging privileges, does that mean that my whole family gets it or just the room keys I want to have it on?

Thanks for your advice!

At guest services at your hotel you would "cash" the travelers checks and have them put the money on your account. You can do any amount you wish.

You can tell them which key cards should have charging rights, at least I know they always ask me if my kids should have charging rights.

Hope that helps.

Trekker said:
At guest services at your hotel you would "cash" the travelers checks and have them put the money on your account. You can do any amount you wish.

You can tell them which key cards should have charging rights, at least I know they always ask me if my kids should have charging rights.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! It's now one less thing to worry about!

Trekker said:

Hope that helps.

Wow, I didn't know they did this!! I thought you could only charge on your key card if you had a credit card atached to it. Thanks for the info!!! :thumbsup2

You still need the credit card. I just did this in Feb. Disney will not allow charging to the room without a cc on file - even if you give them cash. Somewhere on these boards there is a very long explanation as to why - I think it is because their system would allow you to use the cash and then keep charging on the room key even if the cash is used up. I put my cc on file, then signed over the travelers checks. My cc was never charged as I kept to the limit of the cash I provided.

WILDERNESSWOMAN said:
You still need the credit card. I just did this in Feb. Disney will not allow charging to the room without a cc on file - even if you give them cash. Somewhere on these boards there is a very long explanation as to why - I think it is because their system would allow you to use the cash and then keep charging on the room key even if the cash is used up. I put my cc on file, then signed over the travelers checks. My cc was never charged as I kept to the limit of the cash I provided.

Good to know - I'll do a search to see if I can find the explanation. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter