I would like to leave my Travel trailer but..

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I would like to leave my Travel trailer in the Orlando Area, but I can't find a place for around $35 -$45 a month . Every place I have check is about $200 +. I have called and ask for quotes and rec answer of about $235 to $250. Why is this so high ?? . If anyone know of a place(with address or web site) please let me know. Thank you

Tigger2ntinkerbell

I'm going to move this over to the camping board. I'm sure someone will be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction. :)

Over Christmas we used "Boat RV Auto Storage of West Orange" in Winter Garden about 20 miles from Disney. They charge $2.75 a foot. Nice place, but pretty full. They did give us a couple extra days over 30 without charging more. Ph 407 654-1889 boatrvautostorage.com

Good Luck, Bill

I would like to leave my Travel trailer in the Orlando Area, but I can't find a place for around $35 -$45 a month . Every place I have check is about $200 +. I have called and ask for quotes and rec answer of about $235 to $250. Why is this so high ?? . If anyone know of a place(with address or web site) please let me know. Thank you

Tigger2ntinkerbell

That sounds high to me too. Are you looking for an RV site or just a storage yard?

In the past I checked into storage around the WDW area and found it to be in the $75-100/month range, roughly twice what it would cost me at home.

Just a storage yard, not an RV storage, it's even higher in price. Would south Kissimmee have any thing? Or north of Orlando(not too far north about 30 miles max).

I currently use the place mentioned above. Higher price than I wanted to pay (19' popup costs 55.65/mo outside storage) also, but great service. Asphalt to park on, fenced in, security cameras, pest control, etc. They always have my camper out when I want it and if I'm late getting there, I can get in with my electronic code. After I pick it up, it's just a short distance down the 429? 409? 407? (whatever that tollway is that leads to the Western Way). I can't remember because I haven't been to the Fort in over 5 months...

Just remembered this... A CM at FW told about another CM named Kathy who offers RV storage at her home out in the country. Supposedly she used to work at the Tri-Circle D Ranch but moved to another area, maybe Blizzard Beach? I was unable to locate her but like the idea of a FW CM watching over my "home away from home" when I'm not at my "home away from home".

Hmm, interesting thread! :scratchin

We are looking into purchasing a travel trailer this year but not moving south for 4 years. :hourglass

Keep the info coming on this matter! :thumbsup2

Yes, we get off the turnpike onto SR50 (West Colonial), go about 2 miles and it's only 3 blocks off of 50. I have passed another place (Big Boyz Toyz or something like that - also on 50/Colonial) but never checked it out.

Try the KOA at Lake Whippoorwill on Narcossee Rd. It has easy access to to 417 and 508 that gets you to Disney. We store there and pay about $60 month. The sites are grass with a locked gate that you have to go through the office to get in. We've been there 5 years and have never had a problem with our unit or the office. Very little turnover in staff so they know everyone who rents and most of them live on site.

Phone: (800) 562-3969
More Info: (407) 277-5075
whippoorwillkoa@orlandoteam.com

Most personal storage companies will rent out lot space for RV's and boats etc. I'm talking about places like Public Storage and the like. Not sure what they will charge.

Jim

Here's the place we use, we actually found out about it on this board. They charge $54 a month after taxes if you are month to month (not for full year). A bit out of the way but nicely secured.
christmasstorage.net

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter